Budget 71-90K Building my gaming rig & Buying a UPS/inverter

Hello,

Budget for PC <60K and UPS/inverter <25K
I'm building this gaming PC and I need a UPS/inverter to give me atleast 2.5hrs backup time.
I don't know whether to choose a UPS or an inverter and I'm trying to fit it within 20K (25K if it's really worth it)

My Configuration :
=============

Processor = Intel i-5 3500 (3rd gen Ivey bridge processor)
Graphic card = AMD HD 7850 2GB
MoBo = ASRock Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3 ( let me know if u know a better mother board )
RAM = 2x4 GB 1600 Mhz
COOLER MASTER ELITE 431 CABINET BLACK / Antec 302 gaming case
120 GB SSD latest
1TB HDD@7200 rpm
Cossair PSU 650W
Wifi adapter= Edimax EW-7728In Wireless PCI Card N300 3 Antenna 3 Yr.
CD Drive = Sony / Samsung (no blue ray)
Key Board = Razer Arctosa gaming

My budget for PC alone is <60K and feel free to suggest me better replacements for any parts. I want my computer to support 3 Dell U2412M 24-inch monitors with eyefinity set up to play racing games@ full resolution which is 1920x1600

Ok now back to back up UPS/inverter, I want the UPS/inverter to support this comp for atleast 2.5hrs. I won't play using 3 monitors when there is power failure (will play using only 1 monitor) till the power comes back.

I have no clue about what to buy for this computer and would appreciate any help. I'm from Chennai.

Thanks in advance

Why are you spawning multiple threads? You can edit your posts if you missed mentioning something in them?

This is what I would recommend --

Intel Core i5 3550 ~13500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/- [no need to go for a Z68 / Z77 based motherboard if you are not over-clocking]
Corsair Vengeance OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/-
AMD HD7870 3GB~25000/- [best card right now, for a budget EyeFinity build]
HP [boxed] / SAMSUNG [OEM] optical drive ~1000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/-
OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD ~8100/- [from here --> OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB SSD | OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB SSD in India | Buy OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB SSD]
Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
Instead of Razer Arctosa, go for the MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER X4 ~2000/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

For the UPS, I am unaware of any setup that will give you 2[SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]2[/SUB] hours back-up. Better contact APC-India for their full line-up of server backup systems.

for 2 hour backup it will cost an bomb for 500-800 watt where it consumer high power for your rig and your need Iball 1500 va or 2000 va will cost 14k and u need to spend exide battery which will cost around 15k for 2 x 150 AH battery or 4x 100 AH battery which can boast battery life for charge each battery so total 30-33k
for APC u need to spend around 40-60k will cost an bomb,

as i have bought iball 2000 va with 6 x100 AH battery where it can last 5 computer as each pc consumer 300 watt per pc with 5 lcd monitor all basic like i3 with 4 gb ram for office usage where it work more than 5 hour no power cut issue ;)

If you are already buying vengenace, better go for 8GB stick priced around 3800-4000 @SMC. You can upgrade it later by putting another stick.
Gigabyte H77 series also a good buy offering 6 channel, Intel SRT (ssd cachine) and 4 USB 3.0 ports priced around 6k @ SMC.
About Edimax PCI. I prefer not to use PCI bus until you are running legacy card. I belive it is already speed limited to perform max at 133 Mbps hence you will not able able to take advantage of 300 Mbps wifi-n speeds. Prefer a USB based adaptopr or PCI-X based internal wifi.

I am not too sure if buying a generator would be a good idea with CVT. As 2.5hrs of UPS power should only be considered if in combination its backing up your home equipments as well. Go for Pure Sine wave UPS/Inverter - APC/Sukam

Last edited by a moderator:
for 2 hour backup it will cost an bomb for 500-800 watt where it consumer high power for your rig and your need Iball 1500 va or 2000 va will cost 14k and u need to spend exide battery which will cost around 15k for 2 x 150 AH battery or 4x 100 AH battery which can boast battery life for charge each battery so total 30-33k
for APC u need to spend around 40-60k will cost an bomb,

as i have bought iball 2000 va with 6 x100 AH battery where it can last 5 computer as each pc consumer 300 watt per pc with 5 lcd monitor all basic like i3 with 4 gb ram for office usage where it work more than 5 hour no power cut issue ;)

I talked to APC dealer in my city and he told me APC sua1000uxi model (800W/1000VA) with 2x65ah batteries will give me atleast 3hrs back up time for my comp. UPS is 12k and battery is 12K total= 24K. Battery is also from APC brand .
They also have APC inverters but the max. output is only 500W and it does'nt offer 7 types of protection like the UPS. Cost is 20K and back up time is ~3hrs.

What do I do?

I talked to APC dealer in my city and he told me APC sua1000uxi model (800W/1000VA) with 2x65ah batteries will give me atleast 3hrs back up time for my comp. UPS is 12k and battery is 12K total= 24K. Battery is also from APC brand .
They also have APC inverters but the max. output is only 500W and it does'nt offer 7 types of protection like the UPS. Cost is 20K and back up time is ~3hrs.

What do I do?

Go for the first option, inverters always have a slight lag before they start functioning in the event of a power lose; this means the CPU will endue a HARD shut-down and you will need to reboot in such events.

Why are you spawning multiple threads? You can edit your posts if you missed mentioning something in them?

This is what I would recommend --

Intel Core i5 3550 ~13500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/- [no need to go for a Z68 / Z77 based motherboard if you are not over-clocking]
Corsair Vengeance OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/-
AMD HD7870 3GB~25000/- [best card right now, for a budget EyeFinity build]
HP [boxed] / SAMSUNG [OEM] optical drive ~1000/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/-
OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD ~8100/- [from here --> OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB SSD | OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB SSD in India | Buy OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB SSD]
Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
Instead of Razer Arctosa, go for the MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER X4 ~2000/-

For the UPS, I am unaware of any setup that will give you 2[SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]2[/SUB] hours back-up. Better contact APC-India for their full line-up of server backup systems.

About the mother board, I want it to support usb 3.0 and should have in built 7.1 sound card, will this do the job?
Will HD7850 do the job?
500 GB HDD is more than enough for me (will upgrade when prices fall down/if needed), even 250 GB is enough considering I have a 120 GB SSD. Why did u suggest Cossair 400R? I think it way too expensive , Is'nt antec 302 not enough? I might spend more on cabinet if it has killer looks or displays how much electricity it's using, etc but this cossair looks just plain to my eye. I heard antec 302 has really good performance and is cheap too. Tell me if I'm missing anything.
My budget was initially 50K, but I extended it to 60K to accommodate a really good graphic card and SSD. I could save money on HDD and cabinet and spend it on graphic card/SSD. What do you think?

Thanks in advance :)

About the mother board, I want it to support usb 3.0 and should have in built 7.1 sound card, will this do the job?
Will HD7850 do the job?
500 GB HDD is more than enough for me (will upgrade when prices fall down/if needed), even 250 GB is enough considering I have a 120 GB SSD. Why did u suggest Cossair 400R? I think it way too expensive , Is'nt antec 302 not enough? I might spend more on cabinet if it has killer looks or displays how much electricity it's using, etc but this cossair looks just plain to my eye. I heard antec 302 has really good performance and is cheap too. Tell me if I'm missing anything.
My budget was initially 50K, but I extended it to 60K to accommodate a really good graphic card and SSD. I could save money on HDD and cabinet and spend it on graphic card/SSD. What do you think?

Both these are covered by the motherboard I have suggested, no need to worry.

No the HD7850 will not be capable of high-details on such a scale [multi-monitor setup], the HD7870 3GB is something you will need to shell cash for. The extra 1GB of V-RAM comes handy for the uncompressed textures and make the card more future from this stand-point.

Okay in that case go for a ~500GB from Seagate Barracuda family, will set you back by ~4000/- INR.

Whether the cabinet looks beautiful OR not has to serve its purpose, the Antec 302 also looks decent but what is its pricing and more importantly you will need to outfit it with a fan to get an effective airflow in the cabinet.

You are on the right track with that thought, though a good cabinet which allows future expandability is what I prefer instead of cycling through cabinets through builds.

@ALPHA17- What is the max. resolution that HD7850 can support? If I connect a 45-inch LED TV instead of 3 24-inch monitors, will the display play @ it's best resolution? I might actually do that instead of 3-24-inch monitors as I really hate the bezels inbetween.
And I can't find a 3GB HD 7870 card. Did u mean 7970? Thanks for suggesting the microsoft keyboard. Looks like it's much value for money compared to arctosa as it has back lit keys :D
Looks like this might go over 60K and I might have to cut down of something else or go with HD 7850 card :(

ALPHA17- What is the max. resolution that HD7850 can support? If I connect a 45-inch LED TV instead of 3 24-inch monitors, will the display play @ it's best resolution? I might actually do that instead of 3-24-inch monitors as I really hate the bezels inbetween.
And I can't find a 3GB HD 7870 card. Did u mean 7970? Thanks for suggesting the microsoft keyboard. Looks like it's much value for money compared to arctosa as it has back lit keys :D
Looks like this might go over 60K and I might have to cut down of something else or go with HD 7850 card :(

That will be a PullDown! HDTV's have More Input lag and response time is a pain in a$$ ,better use 3 x 24" then a 42" TV!

There's no HD7870 3GB,He must be referring to HD7950 3GB-27k.The HD7870 supports up to 2560 x 1600 resolution,You'd get Sapphire HD7950 3GB-27k if you want to go with 3 24" Monitor setup.
ALPHA17- What is the max. resolution that HD7850 can support? If I connect a 45-inch LED TV instead of 3 24-inch monitors, will the display play @ it's best resolution? I might actually do that instead of 3-24-inch monitors as I really hate the bezels inbetween.

There's no HD7870 3GB,He must be referring to HD7950 3GB-27k.The HD7870 supports up to 2560 x 1600 resolution,You'd get Sapphire HD7950 3GB-27k if you want to go with 3 24" Monitor setup.

Recent Price Cut Shows he will be paying 10K extra! 7950 3Gb costs $300 and he will be paying 480$ + .My suggestion wait for Price Cut to be Effective in 1-2 Months!

Not gonna happen within 2 months considering the $ slide and the retailers won't decrease the rates until their earlier stock clears out,It's ok to play waiting game but it can be test of patience.
Recent Price Cut Shows he will be paying 10K extra! 7950 3Gb costs $300 and he will be paying 480$ + .My suggestion wait for Price Cut to be Effective in 1-2 Months!

Not gonna happen within 2 months considering the $ slide and the retailers won't decrease the rates until their earlier stock clears out,It's ok to play waiting game but it can be test of patience.

Agree,or her can get from Distributor's Directly recently had some chat with Sapphire Tech Support Quoting a 30,500 + 5% VAT for 7970 Dual-X , Official Sapphiretech Distributors in India They have Employees in Most of the Cities!Might get products for Lower Prices!

Hey guys,
Thanks for the info. But my budget for this gaming rig was 50K and I extended it to 60K to get a good graphic card (HD 7850). I'm not going to spend 30K on a graphic card. Might play with a single 24-inch monitor then.
Or can I buy a HD7850 now and another one after 8 months or so? Will 2 HD 7850s be better than 1 HD 7970 ? What do I have to change in my config to support 2 graphic cards? Can I even have some other 3GB graphic card added to the existing HD 7850 after 8 months? Will they both work perfectly?
And I might buy this comp in December or January only.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the info. But my budget for this gaming rig was 50K and I extended it to 60K to get a good graphic card (HD 7850). I'm not going to spend 30K on a graphic card. Might play with a single 24-inch monitor then.
Or can I buy a HD7850 now and another one after 8 months or so? Will 2 HD 7850s be better than 1 HD 7970 ? What do I have to change in my config to support 2 graphic cards? Can I even have some other 3GB graphic card added to the existing HD 7850 after 8 months? Will they both work perfectly?
And I might buy this comp in December or January only.

No,Single card is better then CF :D By January we might see even 7870 creeping down to 18K or something :D It will be a Good Buy Then! This is Like a pre-Pre Build for December,There might be Some Price Cuts By then!

@GODMODE09 stick to a single HD-monitor (of your choice), buy a HD7850 for now and stick with the same for as long as you can. Later when prices come down you can think about a multi-monitor setup and go for another HD7850 to boost the overall framerates.

If you have a lot of patience OR contacts in the business side of things try to get the HD7950 3GB, then you will not need to worry about multi-GPU setups and you can get a multi-monitor setup easily. I am sorry, I mixed up the two cards [HD7870 / 7950].

Back