Budget 51-70k Building New Gaming Rig (Excluding GPU//SSD//Mouse and Monitor and Speakers)

sku11_munch3r

Disciple
Questions

Q: What is your budget?
45-60k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration

GPU - EVGA GTX 680
Monitor - Dell SP 2309w
Speakers- AudioEngine A2
Mouse- Razer DeathAdder
SSD- 128GB Crucial M4

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping?
Monitor - Dell SP 2309w
Speakers- AudioEngine A2
Mouse- Razer DeathAdder
GPU- EVGA GTX 680
SSD- 128GB Crucial M4
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel i5-3750k
Motherboard -Gigabyte Z77 or any other motherboard that is SLI compatible.
SMPS- CM 650W
RAM- 8GB Corsair or GSkill
Case- CM Storm Skryker or NZXT Switch 810

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

Monitor- Any LED 3DVision Capable Monitor (Next 6 months)

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
No.Please dont mention anything by XFX. Bad history.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Strategy - Civilization 4 Rome Total War Series.Ultra
Racing - Grid at high to ultra settings
FPS - Crysis 2, Borderlands 2, Skyrim. Ultra.
Sports- FIFA 13.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 2048x1152
Desktop - 2048x1152

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes (maybe)

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
OSX- Mountain Lion

@sku11_munch3r Go for this-
Intel Core i5 3570K
~15k
Asus P8Z77M-PRO~12.5k OR Asus P8Z77-V-15k
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3.2k/-
Segate 1TB HDD-4.5k
Corsair HX650W-7.4k OR HX750-9k
OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD-8k
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5.5k OR CM Storm enforcer-7k
Thermalright silver Arrow-3.8k OR Noctua NH-D14-4.5k
APC 1.1KVA-5k
If you're going to do dual GPU setup then go for Corsair HX650 psu it's a semi-modular psu,For the case you have many options like CM HAF932 OR Nzxt phantom-7k,It's best that you take a look at few and decide.
Hope this helps.:)

Please leave some feedback. Thanks

That be better Sire. This be what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15500/- + Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4000/- OR Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~4200/- (for cooling the over-clocked CPU)
ASUS P8Z77-V ~16000/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3200/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4500/-
Cooler Master Silent Pro M600W ~6000/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/-

If you're going to do dual GPU setup then go for Corsair HX650 psu it's a semi-modular psu,For the case you have many options like CM HAF932 OR Nzxt phantom-7k,It's best that you take a look at few and decide.

Dual-GPU will bump the power requirements into the auspices of a ~750W SMPS at-least (to maintain safe operational margins and factoring in CPU over-clocking). Corsair TX v2750W ~6800/- OR no dual-GPU.

Have suggested HX750.
That be better Sire. This be what I suggest --
Dual-GPU will bump the power requirements into the auspices of a ~750W SMPS at-least (to maintain safe operational margins and factoring in CPU over-clocking). Corsair TX v2750W ~6800/- OR no dual-GPU.

Just wanted to know with the Asus P8Z77-V mobo, will I be able to run mac OSX Mountain Lion?
I did some research and I'm pretty sure it is compatible but just want to be sure.

@sku11_munch3r put your requirements in this template http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/template-what-should-i-buy-73107/p2/#post839513 please, so that we can assess your requirements better and help you accordingly.

Just wanted to know with the Asus P8Z77-V mobo, will I be able to run mac OSX Mountain Lion?
I did some research and I'm pretty sure it is compatible but just want to be sure.

If you want to roll in a Hackintosh setup I suggest you go for the following motherboard -- GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H. It is said that GIGABYTE have better unofficial support for Hackintosh.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to roll in a Hackintosh setup I suggest you go for the following motherboard -- GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H. It is said that GIGABYTE have better unofficial support for Hackintosh.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Thanks for the tip, will go for the Gigabyte motherboard. Also, will the 750W PSU be enough to run a Corsair H80? Only looking to run a single GPU setup for now.

Thanks for the tip, will go for the Gigabyte motherboard. Also, will the 750W PSU be enough to run a Corsair H80? Only looking to run a single GPU setup for now.

Yep the Corsair TX v2750W ~6800/- will be good to power upto two graphics cards and a CPU cooler like the H80.

Just want to know, before I begin with building my PC and installing Windows. I'm getting the 128gb Crucial M4 SSD, now is it a good idea to install windows on the drive (I've heard the 64bit with all updates takes up about 40gb of space). Im going to use my PC for gaming mostly and I want quick load times. Should I install windows on the SSD or on the regular 1TB hard drive? Any tips or advice?

Instead of Crutial M4 go for OCZ Vertex4 128GB-7.8k from onlyssd.com,You should install windows on SSD that way you'll feel the difference in loading and all,No need to install it on regular HDD that way it'll beat the purpose of the SSD.Hope this clears stuff.
Just want to know, before I begin with building my PC and installing Windows. I'm getting the 128gb Crucial M4 SSD, now is it a good idea to install windows on the drive (I've heard the 64bit with all updates takes up about 40gb of space). Im going to use my PC for gaming mostly and I want quick load times. Should I install windows on the SSD or on the regular 1TB hard drive? Any tips or advice?

Install the OS on your SSD and the games which you play most often their too. Rest everything gets shunted into the mechanical drive. Cheerio!

Instead of Crutial M4 go for OCZ Vertex4 128GB-7.8k from onlyssd.com.

Same controller on both drives, doubt OP will feel a difference.

Back