Budget 51-70k Building pc for the first time.

SN770 & KC3000 are Gen4 SSDs which have performance similar to the SSD found in PS5 & Xbox Series X. So future games might ask for this fast SSD, esp the heavy games like GTA VI.

Cheaper SSDs surely exists & those are faster than HDD, but again, your call. I won't recommend them.

My old recommendation for reference:

Change GPU to used 6700XT for 20k to fit within 75k.
how about WD blue sn580? 1tb m.2 nvme gen4

how about WD blue sn580? 1tb m.2 nvme gen4
SN580 needs to be under 5k, it is not as fast as PS5 SSD (5500MBps read/write). Games will depend on this bandwidth more in coming years (games like GTA VI), already the current big games have very long load times & texture pop in issues at times on HDD vs SSD. SN580 will not have these issues for next few years for sure, still better to pay the few hundred extra IMO.

SN580 needs to be under 5k, it is not as fast as PS5 SSD (5500MBps read/write). Games will depend on this bandwidth more in coming years (games like GTA VI), already the current big games have very long load times & texture pop in issues at times on HDD vs SSD. SN580 will not have these issues for next few years for sure, still better to pay the few hundred extra IMO.
the amd build you mentioned it has micro atx board msi B550 would it lead to some difficulties?

the amd build you mentioned it has micro atx board msi B550 would it lead to some difficulties?
No

R5 5600 draws under 95W for reference, so no chance of VRM throttling.

1703510138176.png

how about adata spectrix s40g, i saw it being one of the higher tier SSD available in India from the linus's SSD tier list

how about adata spectrix s40g, i saw it being one of the higher tier SSD available in India from the linus's SSD tier list
That is Gen3, but a good Gen3 with TLC NAND & DRAM:

Use that for specs.

SSD prices seems to be increasing. So if it is under 5k, can get it.

Wouldn't it be better to go for S70 blade then? It's costs about ₹500-600 more with pretty top tier Gen4 performance, like close to KC3000. Its DRAM-less but the speed compensates for that.

Wouldn't it be better to go for S70 blade then? It's costs about ₹500-600 more with pretty top tier Gen4 performance, like close to KC3000. Its DRAM-less but the speed compensates for that.
yeah s70 blade is a better buy but it is at 6k while s40g is at 4.7k

the difference is a bit much otherwise s70 blade over s40g

That is Gen3, but a good Gen3 with TLC NAND & DRAM:

Use that for specs.

SSD prices seems to be increasing. So if it is under 5k, can get it.
@OP justFYI, This is the full fledged Newmaxx's website (this spreadsheet can be found there), helps you choose an ssd among other things

Back