Budget 51-70k Building pc for the first time.

Fenrir7427

Recruit
I have a very strict budget of 75k can't go above that I have already selected the CPU and GPU
I3 13100f
Rtx 3060 or 6650xt
Suggest me the remaining parts including the monitor.
Usage:- basic gaming and programming

A) there's a template that would capture a lot of information in a structured manner. Can use it to share your requirements.

B) what is the planned display resolution? 1440p can help a lot with text / programming work, but would surely be tougher to drive via GPU.

C) What are the games, and what is the target framerate that you're after in them. (Might help to optimise GPU vs Screen Resolution choice)

A) there's a template that would capture a lot of information in a structured manner. Can use it to share your requirements.

B) what is the planned display resolution? 1440p can help a lot with text / programming work, but would surely be tougher to drive via GPU.

C) What are the games, and what is the target framerate that you're after in them. (Might help to optimise GPU vs Screen Resolution choice)
Sorry am new to the community so don't know much about the template. I think for resolution 1080p would be enough, as I would not do heavy gaming for now under this strict budget

Last edited:
Sorry am new to the community so don't know much about the template.
If you are new, browsing and looking at the sticky posts do help -

My recommendation will be to spend a bit more (another 3-4k) to make sure you get a better value:

Reasons:
- i3 13100F/12100F are quad core vs hexa core 5600 which will fare better in long run
- Avoid cheap A520/H610 mobo & get a proper mid range mobo to get 4x RAM slots & 2x M.2 slots
- Can add another 2x8GB RAM later as 16GB is not sufficient in few games already
- Can upgrade CPU to 5800X3D for cheap to get big CPU boost for gaming in case you decide to upgrade GPU after a few years - will be cost effective as mobo & RAM as stay same (obviously a new DDR5 build will be faster but will cost more as well)
- 6650XT has a bit more raw performance but 12GB VRAM is safer to have for future games

One way to cut cost is to buy a used RTX 3060Ti or ideally RX6700XT for under 20k with 1 - 1.5 years of warranty remaining. This will make the above rig cost under 75k but CPU lacks iGPU so won't boot without it.

If you are new, browsing and looking at the sticky posts do help -
Can you suggest me a decent build based on the points mentioned above as I have selected the CPU and GPU

My recommendation will be to spend a bit more (another 3-4k) to make sure you get a better value:

Reasons:
- i3 13100F/12100F are quad core vs hexa core 5600 which will fare better in long run
- Avoid cheap A520/H610 mobo & get a proper mid range mobo to get 4x RAM slots & 2x M.2 slots
- Can add another 2x8GB RAM later as 16GB is not sufficient in few games already
- Can upgrade CPU to 5800X3D for cheap to get big CPU boost for gaming in case you decide to upgrade GPU after a few years - will be cost effective as mobo & RAM as stay same (obviously a new DDR5 build will be faster but will cost more as well)
- 6650XT has a bit more raw performance but 12GB VRAM is safer to have for future games

One way to cut cost is to buy a used RTX 3060Ti or ideally RX6700XT for under 20k with 1 - 1.5 years of warranty remaining. This will make the above rig cost under 75k but CPU lacks iGPU so won't boot without it.
As my budget is very strict can I cut cost on the monitor and the PSU?

How about a Acer EK240Y H | 23.8″ 1080p 100Hz VA 1ms and Deepcool PK650D 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze PSU
Easy no. Good output device is as important as the internals or more so at times. I would rather play using a 3060 + good IPS VRR monitor than a bad monitor with 3060Ti. Gsync/VRR elevates the experience as well. A good monitor's experience is something that can't be seen on videos, you need to experience it with your own eyes.

If you don't want to buy used nor can increase budget by 4k, just take a cut elsewhere, like CPU + mobo & restrict yourself on RAM & storage.

Or buy PS5 and close the discussion? PS5 will have similar or better gaming performance than R5 5600 + 3060 rig because of almost similar performance hardware with better software optimisation on PS5 games. PS5 duisc edition used to be 40k, maybe add another 1TB SSD for 6-7k, then a 43" 4K Vu/Hisense TV for 25k. So will fit 75k if your usage is gaming only.

Easy no. Good output device is as important as the internals or more so at times. I would rather play using a 3060 + good IPS VRR monitor than a bad monitor with 3060Ti. Gsync/VRR elevates the experience as well. A good monitor's experience is something that can't be seen on videos, you need to experience it with your own eyes.

If you don't want to buy used nor can increase budget by 4k, just take a cut elsewhere, like CPU + mobo & restrict yourself on RAM & storage.

Or buy PS5 and close the discussion? PS5 will have similar or better gaming performance than R5 5600 + 3060 rig because of almost similar performance hardware with better software optimisation on PS5 games. PS5 duisc edition used to be 40k, maybe add another 1TB SSD for 6-7k, then a 43" 4K Vu/Hisense TV for 25k. So will fit 75k if your usage is gaming only.
I mentioned at the start I want the rig for basic gaming like GTA v and some other games I like most of my work is programming related I gave a budget of 75k cause it will be capable of doing both on an average scale. Am not buying the machine fully dedicated for gaming.

How is this one. I took most of the parts from your build but tried to keep it under 75k

Last edited:
How is this one. I took most of the parts from your build but tried to keep it under 75k
B550 motherboards only support AMD. Going with Intel will increase your budget because of expensive MB's + less availability right now. Also, since Intel stock coolers are pretty bad, you need to invest a bit on cooling as well. Total can cross about 4K.
AMD will fit under your budget while fulfilling your needs. Avoid buying anything heavy/big components like case, monitor from ITdepot. They charge very high shipping. Also, upon registration zotac offers 2 year additional warranty on GPU's making it 5yrs total.

Last edited:
I mentioned at the start I want the rig for basic gaming like GTA v and some other games I like most of my work is programming related I gave a budget of 75k cause it will be capable of doing both on an average scale. Am not buying the machine fully dedicated for gaming.

Just cut GPU to RX 6600 for 20k, Asus RX 6600 is 20.5k (new) in the build I shared earlier.

A friend of mine recently bought used MSI RX 6600 for 11.5k with 1 year warranty remaining from this guy:

He has a used RX 6700XT for 20k. Rest is upto you.

Honestly, keep your CPU to something that's sufficient and crank your GPU to the highest you can afford. When paired with mid range GPUs, there'll be negligible difference between an i3 and Ryzen 5 in AAA titles, so getting a better GPU will make the most sense in the long run if you don't plan on upgrading to a 5800X3D maybe.

If you're fine with going used, then an RTX 3080 is usually around 30k, and swap out the i3 12100F with the i5 12400F. Acer has plenty of 165hz monitors under 10k on both amazon and flipkart, those should be fine.

Can you suggest me sites for used PC parts.
And also suggest me which parts should not be bought used.Thank you
TE's classified section is good.

Other than that there are facebook groups with long time sellers like the one I posted above. I don't buy used personally but for tight budget, can consider. As I said in my previous post, that guy whose profile was linked was the one from whom my friend bought a used 6600, like a week ago. He has a used 6700XT on sale, just get that ASAP if you can build everything else right now. For rest, just get new parts, R5 5600 based system initially posted.

Can buy CPU & RAM used as well. I have seen used 5600X for 8k, but rare & usually snatched instantly.

TE's classified section is good.

Other than that there are facebook groups with long time sellers like the one I posted above. I don't buy used personally but for tight budget, can consider. As I said in my previous post, that guy whose profile was linked was the one from whom my friend bought a used 6600, like a week ago. He has a used 6700XT on sale, just get that ASAP if you can build everything else right now. For rest, just get new parts, R5 5600 based system initially posted.

Can buy CPU & RAM used as well. I have seen used 5600X for 8k, but rare & usually snatched instantly.

Took lots and lots of searching, though am still hovering over that used 6700xt you said, so is it better now?

Better - yes.

I will recommend better parts, like PSU & SSD. As I said earlier, the rig I posted with 20k used 6700XT or 3070 will be within your 75k budget. So my recommendation is that. Your call beyond that.
Should I opt for a 3D Nand ssd rather than the one mentioned in the build I posted

Should I opt for a 3D Nand ssd rather than the one mentioned in the build I posted
SN770 & KC3000 are Gen4 SSDs which have performance similar to the SSD found in PS5 & Xbox Series X. So future games might ask for this fast SSD, esp the heavy games like GTA VI.

Cheaper SSDs surely exists & those are faster than HDD, but again, your call. I won't recommend them.

My old recommendation for reference:

Change GPU to used 6700XT for 20k to fit within 75k.

Back