Bulletstorm 2 Canned!

PC Gamer said:
Bulletstorm 2 canned, original hurt by poor port and piracy on PC

It’s a tough industry for a new series. As someone who very much enjoyed Bulletstorm’s gorgeous, bombastic shoot-outs, I quietly hoped that People Can Fly had done enough to earn a sequel. Sadly, it’s not to be. Epic Games president Mike Capps has told Gamespot that while Bulletstorm was “very critically successful,†it was merely “good, but not amazing†in the sales department. “I think EA was hoping we’d do better,†he says.

Capps mentioned that some initial design work was done on Bulletstorm 2, but it’s since been spiked in favour of other projects. He also admits that Bulletstorm underperformed on PC, and gives a couple of reasons. You can probably guess the main one. It begins with “P,†is an anagram of CRAPYI, and rhymes with “biracy.â€

“It didn’t do very well on PC†he said, “and I think a lot of that was due to piracy. It wasn’t the best PC port ever, sure, but also piracy was a pretty big problem.â€..........

Source: http://www.pcgamer.c...d-piracy-on-pc/

Sigh, another "fun" and "unique" FPS out of the industry.
sad.gif

PS: Sorry, if I created a double thread.

Just read the story through fb. Man that's a bummer. I don't know about how well it did but imo bulletstorm was one of the coolest and hell of a game i played in 2011. I was soo hoping for a sequel. Seriously Sad News.
<

Man..I so wanted to see the new controlled 'Ishi'
<

Oh this really sucks!
<

Thoroughly loved playing the first one. More so because I was recovering after a week long typhoid attack!

This has made me REALLY sad. I just loved this game so so so much. Even bought the game being in India, just too much. CliffyB FU.

Read somewhere people were ready to support the devs of stalker or metro, dun remember which. Some kinda investing method where people will pitch in money for making the game. Sounded like a gud idea. What i miss the most is the stalker series
<

Back