Burn-in on LG LED TV

technofast

Huh?
Adept
I have a LG 47 inch 3D LED TV which was bought couple of years back. It works well and no problem with that. However, I noticed recently there is a thin logo of a news channel imprinted to the left bottom corner of the TV. Even when the channel is changed there is a faint impression of the logo visible in the next channel. I thought this kind of burn-in will happen only in Plasma Tv's but surprised when it happened in LED TV. It does not hinder the viewing but how do I get rid of it.

Woah, i didn't know modern LCDs were susceptible to burn-in! Also thought the same about plasma. Is it an IPS panel?

All panels are susceptible to burn in, its just that modern TVs are supposed to have work arounds for these.

See if you can run your TV through the test mode, might help?

I have a LG 47 inch 3D LED TV which was bought couple of years back. It works well and no problem with that. However, I noticed recently there is a thin logo of a news channel imprinted to the left bottom corner of the TV. Even when the channel is changed there is a faint impression of the logo visible in the next channel. I thought this kind of burn-in will happen only in Plasma Tv's but surprised when it happened in LED TV. It does not hinder the viewing but how do I get rid of it.
Yes, Burned in Effects were usually seen on Plasma Panels only. There used to be a Software to Create Multicolored Random visual effect for Laptop Screen which can be moved to the effected Spot by draging via Mouse. That could have been used on a PC and connecting your LCD Panel but, Still you can Make a Square Image of "Pure White" and drag it exactly to the Effected Spot and leave it or a few hours and see..... I've fixed many Laptop LCd Panels that way.... Good Luck!

Back