Burning with windows 7

jeff_00789

Disciple
I have windows 7 64 bit installed on my system. Whenever i try to burn an iso image on to a dvd the software says the burn is successfull how ever the resulting dvd is unreadable. Also my dvd drive is working correctly since it was working before i upgraded to windows 7. I have tried using nero and imgburn softwares. Both with same results.
I would appreciate any help in this matter.
Thanks

Try burning a few files on to a CD or a DVD of different make. Else boot into a Live Linux CD and try burning. I feel it is a hardware problem, and you can rule it out by trying things like I mentioned.

Well I had same problem in my HP laptop...DVD used to burn successfully but I was not able to read it on same and other machines...seems the problem is with DVD burner...also try to change the DVD media...see if you are able to burn and read DVD media of other company...

It cannot be a hardware problem because i was burning my discs before i upgraded to windows 7. It used to burn fine. Also i have tried booting into live linux cd and it burn from there easily. So i am hoping its an issue with windows 7. Actually if you try to burn dvd by just dropping the files onto dvd in windows explorer and if you take out the cd without closing the session then the dvd gets burned but unreadable. I think the same thing is happening when i am trying to burn the iso images. The nero software is not closing the session and i think that is the issue.

I have tried to find out the native windows iso burning process after finding it online. But i am not able to find it on my windows pc.

Dunno but mine writes iso files with ease without any problems. Havent changed any settings. Im using a lg sata dvd drive with a windows 7 ultimate.

Wow!! I open the site and the first question I see is this, which is the EXACT question I wanted to pose to you guys! I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 RC and I'm having the same problem. No problems what so ever with XP. Now, I'm pretty sure that my hardware is good.

The burn is successful and I've tried it on both Nero and ImgBurn and ImgBurn even shows the files which are being burnt to. But, when I pop in the DVD and try to open it, I get 2 options for "How do you want to use this disc?"

1. Like a USB flash drive
2. With a CD/DVD player

Choosing the second option and clicking on Next gives me a blank explorer window to add files and then burn it.

This is something really strange. I'm still googling out for answers. In case anyone of you know how to fix it, please let us know. Wasted 2 DVDs trying to backup my movies :(

Back