Button goes to Mclaren, Mercedes take over Brawn

Since a few legendary teams like Silver Arrows (Mercedes) & Lotus are making a comeback I wish the following teams would comeback:

Orange Arrows - It was a good small budget midfield team

Jordan - It still exists as Force India but I miss the Yellow color

Jaguar - The car with the diamond nose. Nothing spectacular about this team I just love saying "Jaguar"

BMW - Their cars might not have handled well at times but they always had a very powerful engine

Honda - Come on don't you guys want to redeem yourselves

Toyota - A few seasons of bad results and you quit. Shame on you look at Honda, their CEOs are still kicking themselves

Rallying can actually be good for Kimi, I have heard (not my opinion) that rally drivers are the best and rally driving is actually the toughest form of motorsport. So I hope he does well in that and definitely makes a comeback.

I have a feeling Button is going to be smoked next year by Lewis...Button won't have the diffuser aided 'head start' next season, so will be interesting to see how he does. I don't rate his chances too high

^ Button is a moron, an average driver but cheaper than Kimi. Lewis will be happy with Button's avg performance. That is all the reason McLaren need.

I hope Button out performs Lewis.

According to today's Mumbai Mirror, Kimi's agents have hinted at Mercedes.

I highly doubt that it will happen because Kimi asks for a lot of moolah and I don't think Mercedes will pay that much.

Button has 3 year contract with McLaren for 7 million pounds a year. So we can forget about seeing Kimi at McLaren next year.

Going back to my second line, Kimi (according to certain rumors) asks for 21 million pounds a year. He couldn't get into McLaren due to that. Button asks for a mere 7 million pounds a year and Brawn or Mercedes still couldn't afford him. That is why I feel that Kimi might not be driving for Mercedes this year.

Some arguments for what I said in the above para are: Button was already in talks with McLaren before Mercedes took over Brawn. Brawn must have known about this takeover beforehand and still negotiated with Button for a smaller fee. So I don't think Brawn can afford Kimi.

I remember seeing Dennis in Abu Dhabi GP. If he is back in McLaren then this is really bad new for Button because he is not going to get a fair chance with Dennis around.

There now is talk of creating a german "Dream team" with Mercedes-Schumi-Rosberg :p

All the Kimi/Schumi/Hakkinen (almost certainly the next name to be linked :p) rumors will come to naught.. Mercedes GP will most likely have Rosberg/Heidfeld as their lineup, the rumors are just to generate some buzz about mercedes after mclaren stole their thunder

Back