Budget 0-20k Buy basic good quality UPS for Mac Mini setup

mallik

Adept
Hi,

I need a UPS to run my Mac Mini M1. I will also connect it to my wireless router. I will be running the following on the UPS:
1. Samsung 27 inch monitor
2. Mac Mini M1
3. Wireless router 300N

Can you please suggest a basic but good quality UPS? I will be buying it online, as I am in Mussoorie. Hello is much appreciated.
  1. What is your budget?
    • 2-5K (The lower the better)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Mac Mini M1
    • Samsung LC27F591DWXXL
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Mac Mini M1
    • Samsung LC27F591DWXXL
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • UPS
  5. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online purchase only
  6. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No unless it's relatively new
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Casual Gaming
    • Coding/work
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching HD movies
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None

APC or Cyberpower. Calculate how much wattage your devices are taking in, add some buffer and divide it by 0.6; the figure at which you arrive is capacity of UPS you should get.

Mac Mini M1 is rated 150W Max Power, Samsung at 25W, add another 10W for the Router.

So basically, the lowest rated 600VA APC will comfortably do the trick.

Or if you wish to get the best protection, go for an Online UPS- but they are expensive & noisy as hell.

Hi,

I need a UPS to run my Mac Mini M1. I will also connect it to my wireless router. I will be running the following on the UPS:
1. Samsung 27 inch monitor
2. Mac Mini M1
3. Wireless router 300N

Can you please suggest a basic but good quality UPS? I will be buying it online, as I am in Mussoorie. Hello is much appreciated.
  1. What is your budget?
    • 2-5K (The lower the better)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Mac Mini M1
    • Samsung LC27F591DWXXL
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Mac Mini M1
    • Samsung LC27F591DWXXL
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • UPS
  5. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online purchase only
  6. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No unless it's relatively new
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Casual Gaming
    • Coding/work
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching HD movies
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
OT: where from you bought the Apple Mac Mini M1 and for how much?

Apple website is showing long delivery time and it's obviously sold on MRP there.

Just don't buy cheap brands like intel/iball unless u intend to plug it in an inverter supply , I have used iball ups and have had very bad experience , apc ups are worth the money though , 1kva ups drives my rig for 25 mins atleast at full usage , I have an i59400f and 1660ti with 1 ssd and no rgb

One OT que:

Did you buy the Base variant?
I upgraded the RAM to 16 GB. Paid 20K extra
So you bought from Apple India Website for MRP?
Yes, I did
Considering this:
APC BX600C-IN BACK - UPS 600 UPS

Last edited:
Back