CPU/Mobo Buy i5 12400 or ryzen 5 5600x, should I wait for raptor lake i5 13400

Q1 2023 AMD 3d cache processors are incoming on am5 which will be future proof .if you cant wait than i5 13600 is one of the best but that socket will be EOL. i am sure amd will have to drop the price of new processors

okay,Thank you
I am also in the same boat as you on the verge of creating my pc.. However given the 15-20% price difference between 12600 and 13600 but the performance of 13600 almost at par with 12900..i am also considering this question and will wait unless I get a very good deal on my gpu

12400, taking into account motherboard availability and power usage. There are currently very few good motherboards in the AM4 lineup. 13400 will take quite a time to be released.

According to my experience, switching to a Ryzen processor will increase your electricity cost. They may appear effective on paper, but in practise your power bill will go up.

According to my experience, switching to a Ryzen processor will increase your electricity cost. They may appear effective on paper, but in practise your power bill will go up.
12400 & 5600X draw similar power, unless 5600X is overclocked, both get to 80W on 100% CPU load. There's some potential for UV + OC on 5600X if you the tinkering type. I personally bought 12400 for its iGPU on a rainy day.

currently, only reason to consider Ryzen would be if you got Radeon GPU, I personally own 12400F and planing on getting 13400 when it becomes available on used market in future. i doubt AMD will have anything in that price range to compete with 13400 because AM5 is expensive. and there is not much difference in ddr4 and ddr5 build as far as seen from youtube videos. maybe for production-related work but I doubt people buying such processors are going to use it for heavy production (3d rending and the sort)

Back