Graphic Cards Buy me something in 7k

Neo Anderson

Disciple
hey guys. I need a graphics card in 7k(max )
I dont wanna spend more on it coz I dont have a good rig for it to go with.

C2D E4400
1.5 gig ddr2
19" Viewsonic LCD
XFX 8600GT

am plannin to upgrade RAM too, so need suggestions on that. my mobo (some crap from Asrock) has just 2 RAM slots :mad: . thinkin of selling this 8600GT(any takers........;) ) so that can stretch my bugdet a bit.
:hap2:

thanks for the reply mate.
I'm not sure where I can sell it. am based in bangalore.
and hey never used a ATI GPU. yeah did read a lot about it in other threads but any idea if it has any driver issues? my exp with nVidia has been fantastic but kinda inclined to try out a ATI. still lil confused :S

^^Thats the best option. You can try your luck selling the existing card on TE buy/sell forums. The other option is the Palit 9800GT for ~8k+tax.

^^Try to sell it to the shop where you might be buying the 4850HD from, thats what I did with my entire system, my dealer was giving me better rates than what I would get selling it off here on TE, so try and ask him first too...

future-proof

Honestly, there is no such word in Computer Hardware upgrades.

There is nothing "future-proof" in an ever evolving world.

But would you be able to play games on a 4850HD a year from now?

Lets take the example of 8800GT which came out almost a year ago, even today it is a great card, and will run most games. Similar would be your situation a year from now...

healthy competition among chip giants is always a good sign for us consumers, had it not been for the 4870 nv would have kept milking the top end with the gtx280 still pegged above the INR 40K mark.

Back