Buy PS4 Pro now or wait for PS5?

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
PS4 has accumulated quite a few exclusives that I would like to get my hands on. So considering buying it.

But it looks like PS5 is just around the corner in may be a year or less. Given that PS5 will be using the same sort of AMD x86 based setup, there is a pretty good chance that they will maintain backward compatibility with existing PS4 games and maybe even manage native 4K rendering or at least close.

Given that PS4 Pro is going for 37k these days, does it make sense to go for it or just wait for PS5.

On the PC front, I was planning to upgrade from GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 Ti though I am still not fully convinced about that either.

I having moved from a 1080ti build to console (which I do every console generation i.e. in 2-3 years of PC gaming and then to the consoles once they have a good library of games) to a PS4 Pro, would definitely suggest going ahead with the current gen console. While PS5 is around the corner, it'd definitely take a while for the product to be polished across iterations and for the game library to build. With the recent price cuts and huge library of the PS4 games (new and used) it'd be great to jump into it right now. While I still prefer PC gaming, I'd wait for another generation of GPUs to deliver proper 4K >60fps gaming which would then most definitely be worth moving into. I'm still not convinced upgrade from a 1080/1080Ti to a 2080Ti would be really worth the extra money you pay.

Just my opinion. I've quite enjoyed the PS4 exclusives so far :)

Get a ps4pro and stick with your GTX1080.. Upgrade not worth. Plus if ps4 is all new for it.. you have an entire new library to keep you busy for atleast 2yrs.. assuming you have touched almost all good PC titles. Ps4 exclusives are really good..coming from a an old and current PC gamer (with Gtx1080) and a new intermediate Ps4 player. Plus join IVG forum after you get your PS4. Congrats in advance..[emoji1][emoji3577]

Get the PS4 Pro now. PS5 still looks like more than a year away (PS4 sales have been quite robust still and it does not make business sense for Sony to kill PS4 just yet.)

The existing library is amazing plus there are quite a few upcoming heavyweight titles yet to come.

While I still prefer PC gaming, I'd wait for another generation of GPUs to deliver proper 4K >60fps gaming which would then most definitely be worth moving into. I'm still not convinced upgrade from a 1080/1080Ti to a 2080Ti would be really worth the extra money you pay.

I am also thinking on the same lines. I upgraded by entire rig except for GPU. I would have got the 2080Ti if it were under $1000, but not seeing enough value in going for it right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1547204210][/DOUBLEPOST]
Plus join IVG forum after you get your PS4. Congrats in advance..[emoji1][emoji3577]

Already a member in IVG for quite some time now. Bought a number of resale PS3/XBOX 360 titles from the market section there. Just not logging in these days.

Makes sense getting a PS4 pro, playing all the titles which will take 1~2 years and then getting the PS5 which by then would have gotten good games. Also PS4 hold resale value well compared to xbox imo

Still doesn't make sense getting an RTX card given that barely any games uses it meaningfully. They released new game play of battlefield V with DLSS on upcoming drivers and honestly it looked like the same to my eyes .

My sister in US has a PS4 (non Pro) got as a gift from one of her colleagues and its been lying idle for an year. The problem is bringing it back is a major hassle with the bulk and also customs are lately creating trouble when such easily identifiable goods are carried. I guess I will just get PS4 Pro here.

My friend got a xbox one thru chicago ohare and hyd rajiv gandhi airport without any problem just last month. It was 150 bucks there on black friday. You should be fine tbh.

But I'd recommend PS4 Pro over regular PS4 If you're planning on gaming on 4k tv

Planning to make the purchase this weekend on Amazon during the Great Indian Sale. Hopefully, I will be able to shave Rs 2000 on HDFC card.

if you wanna play exclusive titles to ps4 then you should go with ps4 Mind you read some articles that ps5 and new consoles wont be cheap and cost as near compare to ps4 it is expected around 70-80k indian price.Although for 1080p gaming ps4 is good(even pro) but for 4k its not worth upscaled 4k in ps4 pro.2080ti is a different league you can play true 4k games easily so there is no comparision with ps4.Your 1080ti can still handle 1080p well.Atlast its your choice in the end you prefer Exclusive games Vs Resolution gaming.

Any other exclusives that I need to add to my list

Red Dead Redemption 2
Marvel's Spider Man
God of War - Standard Edition
God of War Remastered
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Uncharted - The Nathan Drake Collection
Detroit: Become Human
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition
Infamous Second Son Hit
The Last of US Hit
The Order: 1886

Any other exclusives that I need to add to my list

Red Dead Redemption 2
Marvel's Spider Man
God of War - Standard Edition
God of War Remastered
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Uncharted - The Nathan Drake Collection
Detroit: Become Human
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition
Infamous Second Son Hit
The Last of US Hit
The Order: 1886
All of them tbh, except The order 1886.

Yeah, had my doubts about it. In any case, placed the order for the PS4 Pro on Amazon. Worked out to 36,349 - 1500 = 34,849/-

Also ordered Spider Man and Horizon: Zero Dawn along with it.

Its already in my bucket list. Its selling for 1760 on Amazon. Hoping it would reduce further in coming days.

So, far ordered Horizon, Spider man, inFamous and Uncharted 4.

All of them tbh, except The order 1886.
They had a lot of good ideas in The Order, and it also looked stunning. But boy was it unsatisfying! The combat wasn't enough, too much cutscenes and the game just .. ended abruptly, after about 6 hrs or so. What a waste. I has borrowed it from my cousin, wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it.

I find OLX/Quickr a good way to procure/exchange/sell off PS4 games. The key is to look for individual sellers who have put up fair prices and while selling just do not respond to lowballers. Eventually you do find genuine buyers who dont haggle too much.

Its already in my bucket list. Its selling for 1760 on Amazon. Hoping it would reduce further in coming days. So, far ordered Horizon, Spider man, inFamous and Uncharted 4.

I would have removed the Uncharted 4 and replace it with GoW 4. The former was an abs bore-fest for me. Since you have already placed the order, I would have taken solace in the fact that the better one was kept for later.

(Sorry if this is a kill joy comment. Mentioning it only if you want to, and can make the changes.)

Back