Buying 10 yr old electronics and household items

abhi1984

Disciple
I have been renting a place for 5 years. The owner had provided us washing machine, fridge, one king size bed with foam mattress and one queen size bed with cotton matteress.

Now the owner has sold off the house and has stopped caring for the items. The washing machine broke couple of days ago and owner doesn't care as they want to dispose it off. Even kabadi waala is fine by them. They asked me to make an offer as well.

I know most of these items were bought in 2012/13. But I am unsure how to value them correctly or even if it is worth buying. Any ideas or tips will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

washing machine broke means, its electronics or mechanical parts ? If electronics, W/M of such age might be repairable but, cannot be guranted to work more than 1year without another repair. If mechanical, it may give u some life provided u maintain it well.

fridge of that age can have many parts worn out - compressor, coolant , rubber bushes etc. If current condition is good enough, u can keep it

Back