Storage Solutions Buying 2TB mechanical HDD online

fractal

Disciple
I need to buy a 2 TB mechanical hard disk for data storage. Is it safe to buy from Amazon or Flipkart - most reviews mention poor packaging. I know this can be replaced if DOA but poor packaging and undetected damage during transit could lead to problems later on

yes, amazon packaging is really bad. my neighbour got it with just a cardboard folded over the hdd, no jokes. it was doa. also happened to a friend.
try primeabgb. let us know how it works out.

I need to buy a 2 TB mechanical hard disk for data storage. Is it safe to buy from Amazon or Flipkart - most reviews mention poor packaging. I know this can be replaced if DOA but poor packaging and undetected damage during transit could lead to problems later on

I have bought a lot of computer stuff from Amazon. Plus you get hassle free replacement and return so why fear?

I had bought Seagate IronWolf 4 TB from Amazon a month or two ago. Got it only in a antistatic plastic cover in a cardboard box without any protection. DOA. Had to return it for replacement. The replacement came the same way and again DOA. I am in Ahmedabad and they were shipping from their Hyderabad warehouse. I don't think they cared if it survived a journey that long. Finally, after almost 2-3 weeks, I was able to get my money back after returning the replacement too. I'll only buy HDDs locally from now on.

Amazon will replace if you encounter any problems. Also you can try other online websites like MDCOMPUTERS,Prime Abgb,IT Depot,pcstudio.in . These are all trusted retailers

Just ordered a WD EZEX for a relative from Prime. Will report about the packaging.
Just got the HDD. Packed quite well. Cardboard plus bubble wrap. HDD OK.

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_154231_PS_600x600.jpg
    IMG_20210720_154231_PS_600x600.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210720_154724_PS_600x450.jpg
    IMG_20210720_154724_PS_600x450.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 95
Back