Buying a 5 months old i9000 (Galaxy S).Please advise :)

rad0

Adept
Hey guys,

My friend was in search of a used i9000 a.k.a Galaxy S. I came across a 5 months i9000 in my company's internal portal. I inquired about this and the guy says he hasn't used the phone and comes with all accessories in box.I met him to verify the same and it was new as described. He bought the phone @23k in july.Asking price is 19k.

Now, i need advise on this.At what price should i buy this phone ? :S

I have quoted 17k for the phone. Is it ok ?

New phone costs 19K dude.. Do some search and you can still get it in Ebay/ Some other site..

After discounts, maybe even 18K..

If phone is in PRISTINE Condition, then 17K else 14-15K will be good...

Be sure of one thing, it wont Get ICS..

I recommend you to buy a Nexus S/ Neo V at 17K Instead of a used phone...

Honestly, for 20k you deserve a second hand Galaxy S2 or even Sensation XE or Evo 3D. Though these would be very hard to get as nothing better is out there at the moment.

Anyway, a second hand Galaxy S I9000 which has about 6 months Indian warranty, is not worth more than 12-14k MAX. Assuming you have box, all accessories etc, and in perfect condition, nearly like new.

You can get a Galaxy R I9103 for around 20k which is like nearly twice the performance.

The ideal price for a Galaxy S I9000 would be around 10k but you won't find a piece at that price. But anytihng over 12-13k is over doing it too much...

teja92 said:
New phone costs 19K dude.. Do some search and you can still get it in Ebay/ Some other site..

After discounts, maybe even 18K..

If phone is in PRISTINE Condition, then 17K else 14-15K will be good...

Be sure of one thing, it wont Get ICS..

I recommend you to buy a Nexus S/ Neo V at 17K Instead of a used phone...

I am talking of i9000(the original galaxy S). Where can you get the new for 19k ?

I know its not getting ICS.

Nexus S doesn't support microSD and Neo V screen is too small and has other problems as well.

I need a phone of 4" screen.
rite said:
Honestly, for 20k you deserve a second hand Galaxy S2 or even Sensation XE or Evo 3D. Though these would be very hard to get as nothing better is out there at the moment.

Anyway, a second hand Galaxy S I9000 which has about 6 months Indian warranty, is not worth more than 12-14k MAX. Assuming you have box, all accessories etc, and in perfect condition, nearly like new.

You can get a Galaxy R I9103 for around 20k which is like nearly twice the performance.

The ideal price for a Galaxy S I9000 would be around 10k but you won't find a piece at that price. But anytihng over 12-13k is over doing it too much...

Its a new set with no use. Wonder why he had bought the phone.It has 7 months warranty left.

Was looking for i9103 as well but SAMOLED screen is missing in SGR. :(
Rahulrulez said:
If the condition is mint, ask for 13-15k maximum. I don't think you should pay more than 15k for the phone which comes for ~18k in market..

18k in market, where ? you mean local stores ? I inquired and none of them have i9000.

Although i9001 is available which i don't like

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Dex@ter said:
better get a Galaxy R I9103 for around 20k .. its dual core and got good reviews

Will try to bargain for 14k-15k. If he denies, i will get a SGR

ramanujpatro said:
I am talking of i9000(the original galaxy S). Where can you get the new for 19k ?

I know its not getting ICS.

Nexus S doesn't support microSD and Neo V screen is too small and has other problems as well.

I need a phone of 4" screen.
Its a new set with no use. Wonder why he had bought the phone.It has 7 months warranty left.

Was looking for i9103 as well but SAMOLED screen is missing in SGR. :(
18k in market, where ? you mean local stores ? I inquired and none of them have i9000.

Although i9001 is available which i don't like

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Will try to bargain for 14k-15k. If he denies, i will get a SGR

Availability is a big issue right now. Very rare to find it in stock..

i9000 is not available in India as it has been replaced with i9001 Plus. So it will be really hard to find.

If the phone is is in mint condition then you can pay ~14k or so.

Else since you have the budget you can get a LG Optimus 2X ~ 19k or the Samsung Galaxy R ~ 20k. Both have dual core Tegra processor and will get official ICS upgrade.

Back