Laptops Buying a Gaming Laptop

Y50 is the one to have, unless you can live without warranty.

May be I can ;) sure, tell me the options. Also didn't y50 launched last year? I can wait, but I am not really into laptop news and scenes these days, and if you are updated with the news, can u tell me if the OEM is planning to introduced another model? or may be some other company?

Instead of 860M, try importing / getting something with 970M - you'll get almost a 70% performance increase, with reduced power consumption.

Instead of 860M, try importing / getting something with 970M - you'll get almost a 70% performance increase, with reduced power consumption.

I am really not much into laptop scene these days, so don't know the options. I though know much about processors and GPU's. Mind recommending me some other OEM or the same with better specs :)

970M in that price range(1200$/72k INR) is a bit tough isn't it?I know that ASUS has Int'l warranty and 970M equipped G751 is 1500$ which is maybe the lowest.
In India nothing with even a 860M is below 1 lac except the Y50

970M in that price range(1200$/72k INR) is a bit tough isn't it?I know that ASUS has Int'l warranty and 970M equipped G751 is 1500$ which is maybe the lowest.
In India nothing with even a 860M is below 1 lac except the Y50

I may be able to get my price range some what higher. But not significantly, do let me know my options :)

Lenovo launches them new models around June, and so do dell and most other companies.

damn... and old laptop's barely have resale value >.< can't wait for 6 months, prolly will buy tomorrow. btw u have y50 aswell right if I remember correctly or some other Y series model.

I bought y500 and they launched y510p, 2 months later. Oh the agony.

haha, hows the quality of Y series? I have purchased 2 Z series models, latest being the z570 with me and it stood well for 3 years. Now the battery got shitty, so replaced it with new OEM and also the charger aswell :/

haha, hows the quality of Y series? I have purchased 2 Z series models, latest being the z570 with me and it stood well for 3 years. Now the battery got shitty, so replaced it with new OEM and also the charger aswell :/
Very good, with the price atleast, got a full HD screen as well.

Customer care is top notch, already had 2 years on site and accidental warranty, they say 5k for another 2 years if needed.

Very good, with the price atleast, got a full HD screen as well.

Customer care is top notch, already had 2 years on site and accidental warranty, they say 5k for another 2 years if needed.

cool. I am still browsing alot , watching alot of videos for the same or any other better option. The main prob with the y50 seems to be it's shitty touchpad and I am someone who don't use external mouse, so... and the exclusive showrooms here really don't have that model in display. All packed and they say they will only open if u buy immediately :/

cool. I am still browsing alot , watching alot of videos for the same or any other better option. The main prob with the y50 seems to be it's shitty touchpad and I am someone who don't use external mouse, so... and the exclusive showrooms here really don't have that model in display. All packed and they say they will only open if u buy immediately :/
Mate u knew there was a manufacturing defect with my y500 even when I purchased it, the ELAN touch pad goes haywire, but all I had to do was call the toll free number, they came within a few days and replaced it with a new synaptics pad, working fine since then.

Mate u knew there was a manufacturing defect with my y500 even when I purchased it, the ELAN touch pad goes haywire, but all I had to do was call the toll free number, they came within a few days and replaced it with a new synaptics pad, working fine since then.

btw how did your laptop perform with high end games in its time? I am sick of tearing that happens in laptop gaming, and I am sure there isn't a laptop in which it doesn't happen.

Sager 8651 will be in your price range - from US.
Also, if you are stretching your budget a little more, a lot of options like MSI, ASUS etc will come in.
Dell has a launched the new alienware lineup too - have a look at it. (Too expensive in my opinion).

What configuration are you looking for ? (i7 only, or open to an i5, SSD must ?)

Sager 8651 will be in your price range - from US.
Also, if you are stretching your budget a little more, a lot of options like MSI, ASUS etc will come in.
Dell has a launched the new alienware lineup too - have a look at it. (Too expensive in my opinion).

What configuration are you looking for ? (i7 only, or open to an i5, SSD must ?)

i7 with 8gb or more ram, 2gb/4gb powerful 860m or better gpu 15.6". Don't care for dvd drive. Don't care for SSD too, but 7200rpm HDD would be nice.

Has to be backlit keyboard with modern keys ;)

If you are gonna buy right now then you can go for the Y50.
One of my friends was in the same spot as you in December and he went for th Y50 after quite a bit of research.Only the Alienware 14 available in India(among Dell,Asus,Lenovo i.e. the dependable OEMs....not HP though) has the 860M which comes at around 1.1 lacs.

However the display of the Y50 is a FHD TN panel and not an IPS one.We compared a Z50 and Y50 side by side and the IPS screen shits all over the TN panel of the Y50.
But if you are looking for H/W specs that will play games pretty well for some time then the Y50 is the best bet in India with warranty.

If you are okay with US models I would suggest go for Asus as they have international warranty and they honored it for my Transformer tab bought in the US.

970M is the second best Laptop GPU right now and the ROG G751 is a pretty sweet machine at 1500$

If you can wait for 6 months then you will definitely be getting the new Y50 replacement which will surely have the GTX 965M( a bit above the 860M in the 900 series and it was launched just a while back)

If you can wait for 6 months then you will definitely be getting the new Y50 replacement which will surely have the GTX 965M( a bit above the 860M in the 900 series and it was launched just a while back)

That's the thing. If the wait was for 1 or 2 month atmost, I would have.

I have z570 currently and it has an alright screen tbh. Never had any problems with it. So if y50's screen is even a bit better or the same as z570, I'd be alright with it.

1.1L is quite a bit, sure I can afford it but 14" screen? meh. I am much used to of z570's screen so I won't be moving to lower screen, that's for sure. I have seen some asus laptop's in my range but y50 kick all of asus laptop's available.

In a day or 2, probably gonna buy :D :D

Back