Buying a new laptop under 35k?

HD6370 seriously :p The Sandy Bridge Intel HD3000 IGP is better performing than this :p

Get this lenovo with the Intel i5 2410

Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z570 (59-069599) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

AMD Radeon HD 6370M - Notebookcheck.net Tech
Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Notebookcheck.net Tech
Intel Core i5 2410M Notebook Processor - Notebookcheck.net Tech

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Else get a Acer 5742G with Nvida GT420M for ~33k. Comes with older gen Core i3-3xx processors though!

Acer Aspire 5742G (Ci3/320GB/1G Graphics) Laptop Price India: Buy Acer Aspire Notebook India: Flipkart.com
Acer Aspire 5742G (Ci3/500GB/1G Graphics) Laptop Price India: Buy Acer Aspire Notebook India: Flipkart.com

Market price should be lower for the DOS version.

DarkAngel said:
HD6370 seriously :p The Sandy Bridge Intel HD3000 IGP is better performing than this :p

Get this lenovo with the Intel i5 2410

Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z570 (59-069599) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

AMD Radeon HD 6370M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Intel Core i5 2410M Notebook Processor - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Else get a Acer 5742G with Nvida GT420M for ~33k. Comes with older gen Core i3-3xx processors though!

Acer Aspire 5742G (Ci3/320GB/1G Graphics) Laptop Price India: Buy Acer Aspire Notebook India: Flipkart.com

Acer Aspire 5742G (Ci3/500GB/1G Graphics) Laptop Price India: Buy Acer Aspire Notebook India: Flipkart.com

Market price should be lower for the DOS version.
hmmmm I guess the Lenovo is a better choice than the HP one. And I didn't know the HD6370 was crap lol xD But I guess the HD Intel 3000 chip isn't gonna play Crysis at very low either? :p

I searched a bit more and I found the Dell Inspiron 15r series: Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

Any experience with that one? And how does it compare to Lenovo in terms of graphics and other features?

Sorry if I'm asking too much questions, it's my first laptop I'm getting and I have zero idea what to look for in a laptop (apart from a good proccy and gfx card :p)

^^

The Dell Inspiron 15R you linked has an AMD 5470 512MB GPU. It is better than the Sandybridge IGP by some margin. Around 25% better performance you could say. So though its more capable than SB IGP it is by no means a "good" card. Demanding games can be played but at LOW settings and resolution only.

^^ Yeah I guess then I'll have to increase my budget a little? What if I can stretch it to about 40k-41k then what options will I have?

I believe I'll get a Inspiron 15r with i5 and a Ati 550v gfx card for around 40k. And can I like upgrade to a better gfx card later if it's a discrete one?

The HP will give better performance OVERALL thanks to the extra RAM and in gaming there performance difference will be very significant. With the ATI 5650 you can play all modern games although not with everything at high. Its a pretty good card. And the difference between i3 370M and i3 380M is negligible.

DarkAngel said:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 - Notebookcheck.net TechThe Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Rs.31,855 + Rs.900 shipping (Has a P6200 processor (Same specs as i3-330M expect that this lacks Virtualization and Hyper threading and powerful HD5650 GPU :D)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Wow, awesome specs but it's a 14" :/ I'd prefer a 15" since small screens bug the crap out of me. I wonder why they don't offer selecting a graphics card in the 15R series.
For me though, it basically boils down to one thing: i3 370M with HD 5650 and 3GB of RAM Or i5 480M with HD 550v with 4GB of RAM

/me is confused big time :p

Back