Buying a new Phone! Need help!

So its Diwali and the time has come to replace my phone which is an N91. :eek:hyeah:
I had shortlisted a few models, but could find none in the local mobile shops:
1. Spice Mi-300: Froyo, 5mp, Need I say more?
2. Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: The X10 mini was too small and Sony's UI is supposed to up there with the HTC Sense UI...
3. Nokia X6: Symbian...But I had the luck of trying it out as a friend of mine had purchased it and it seemed responsive enough.
My main needs are:
1. Superior Text messaging capabilities
2. Decent Camera
3. Touchscreen, Capacitative not resistive...
4. Screen Resolution must be decent.
5. Must be within 15k
The OS must be preferably be Android but I have nothing against Symbian.
Please suggest away.
Regards,
OverlorD

i d vote for the xperia x8.

Neat lil compact phone with android means i get to be on the andy bandwagon as well and believe me its fun to be tweaking things with the android.

Although i would have loved to see it priced a tad bit lower but still is good enuf for ppl who disliked the mini for its size.

@ Mods

individual mobile advizor threads are a reality as they get the job done quickly but can we have policy that all indivdual mobile suggestion threads be appenddd to the main mobile thread after say X no of days ??

Wd be nice to have a repository like that.

The Spice already has Froyo...

It is (looks) easier to root. So hence I had it in my list. But it isn't available anywhere....

Xperia X8 has no chance of getting Froyo officially. Any idea if its available in its *unofficial* format?

Are there any other options?

The Xperia X8 looks too bulky.

My friends told me to get a cheap Nokia touchscreen like a 5233 and heavily modify it...

I might consider this as a last resort, might buy the mobile tomorrow!!!

Please pour in more suggestions!

Eggjactly!

The MotoQuench and the Mi-300 have the same OEM. Ahh, BADA...I would prefer avoiding that considering that it is still in its infancy.

I am now seriously considering the Spice Mi-300 IF and only IF it is available in the stores.

The Xperia X8 will be my second choice, heavily modifying would be rooting it and loading the latest symbian into it, something like that.

The C6-01 looks fascinating but I can't wait for 1-2 weeks...

So here is the refreshed list:

1. Sony Xperia X8

2. Spice Mi-300

3. Samsung Galaxy 3

4. Wave 723

I also have an E71 for sale...How much can I expect if I go to a mobile store and try to exchange it for a mobile?

OverlorD said:
Eggjactly!

The MotoQuench and the Mi-300 have the same OEM. Ahh, BADA...I would prefer avoiding that considering that it is still in its infancy.

I am now seriously considering the Spice Mi-300 IF and only IF it is available in the stores.

The Xperia X8 will be my second choice, heavily modifying would be rooting it and loading the latest symbian into it, something like that.

The C6-01 looks fascinating but I can't wait for 1-2 weeks...

So here is the refreshed list:

1. Sony Xperia X8

2. Spice Mi-300

3. Samsung Galaxy 3

4. Wave 723

I also have an E71 for sale...How much can I expect if I go to a mobile store and try to exchange it for a mobile?

I feel BADA at least would be better that symbian

and the mobile shops would give you a lower price so try selling it in member's market

U won't get more than 3.5-4k if u try to exchange it at any mobile store.

Afterall, the shopkeepers also have to sell the E71 & they have to earn a decent profit out of it. Better sell it here on TE.

:)

Moving from an E71 wouldn't you be losing out on features ? Also if you are looking for better texting wouldn't a phone with a qwerty keypad be a better option ?

I think you need to have a bigger budget for getting something which is a considerable step up from the E71.

The thing is I do not like the E71 at all, and moreover haven't used it yet...

I have an aversion towards business phones such as this, moreover seeing that I am a student and all It is quite bulky.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Come on guys definitely going today to buy it!!!

Back