Graphic Cards Buying a used card

chrome9812

Disciple
I had an XFX HD 5850 which I bought 6 months back, it is dead now and Rashi claimed that the warranty from XFX was rejected due to rust (I thought they were lying but they showed me the mailfrom XFX), I need a card now and I can't afford to put in 13k again nor buy a low end card as I am used to my 5850.
Where can I buy used cards? I tried Ebay but the second hand market is crap with people selling 2 year old cards for as much as 25k :S.
I am actually hoping to buy one if one of you guys are selling i.e if it is not against the techenclave rules and he can be vouched by the other members.
Looking for cards which are not more than an year old :clap:
Or alternatively suggest me a decent new card with high performance to price ratio , my budget for an SMPS + video card is limited at 10k.

^ its not against forum rules, but you should have created a WTB thread in the market section under Video Hardware sub-section

1. Thanks a lot! I'll post a WTB thread there. Can you give me any advice about which SMPS to get for a 500 watt consumption card? I don't really want to spend 3k+ on an SMPS (unless really worth it and it is the only card which doesn't get burnt down) because that would mean compromising my card budget on the other hand. I have FPS Saga II in my mind after someone here mentioned it.

2. And also, does a good SMPS protect the parts and not burn itself even when there are power fluctuations (and assuming there's no UPS)? Or is it like "Anything can happen when there are high power fluctuations no matter what SMPS you buy" because I thought I had a good SMPS until it burnt down.

BTW I can't find the section you mentioned, I can only find the Hot Deals and discussions, Dealer's paradise and Market feedback forums under the trade section :( Please bear with my questions, I am an old spectator in these forums but I can't figure out these forums now as I away for a long time.

Edit: Mods, please close this thread, I ordered a new card.

Back