Budget 71-90K Buying an alienware from golcha

shashank88

Disciple
Hi all,
I went to get my pc this weekend from golcha along with a friend who is going to buy alienware 14x in a month or so . We asked golcha (SP road) and he said he will get it at 25% lesser price than MRP . around 71k compared to 94 something on the dell website . Though he mentioned that there are some issues with alienware with repairs and all.
Has anyone else got his laptop , specifically alienware from sp road? 23k discount is quite a lot , he can get an extra LED and stuff with the extra budget, thats why we are tempted by this offer.
Also my experience with golcha was quite good , reasonable prices , availability and running smoothly .

Considering that he is giving you 25% less, you should better check if he is trying to sell you the old model of m14x.

Alienware in India is all bloat... the specs don't hold a candle in front of Samung NP550P5C-S02IN which comes a lot cheaper... the only issue might lie with the cooling mechanism which is good in alienware... but then with the price differential u can easily purchase a good cooling pad along with the laptop... This samsung laptop retails for around 56K.. check it out.

NP550P5C-S02IN - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India

Alienware in India is all bloat... the specs don't hold a candle in front of Samung NP550P5C-S02IN which comes a lot cheaper... the only issue might lie with the cooling mechanism which is good in alienware... but then with the price differential u can easily purchase a good cooling pad along with the laptop... This samsung laptop retails for around 56K.. check it out.

NP550P5C-S02IN - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India

the specs are "almost" the same...almost... 2 members in my clan own the 550 and the m14xr2..m14r2 is obviously the better of the 2...but doesnt justify the 96k price tag....around 70-80k would have been good for it !

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,
I went to get my pc this weekend from golcha along with a friend who is going to buy alienware 14x in a month or so . We asked golcha (SP road) and he said he will get it at 25% lesser price than MRP . around 71k compared to 94 something on the dell website . Though he mentioned that there are some issues with alienware with repairs and all.
Has anyone else got his laptop , specifically alienware from sp road? 23k discount is quite a lot , he can get an extra LED and stuff with the extra budget, thats why we are tempted by this offer.
Also my experience with golcha was quite good , reasonable prices , availability and running smoothly .

Dude,he mite be selling u m14x r1 !

Hi all,

He definitely is selling you obsolete R1 and on top of that his bad attitude towards customers i'd never recommend him to anyone !!!

any good placves to purchase a high end gaming laptop in sp road??

or any where in bangalore.

checked some shops in koramangala and they dont stock it .

also there is a problem with stocking of MSi lappies i think.

most of the dealers are facing problems sourcing msi lappies.

Contact #havoknation . He stocks Asus and MSI lappies. He told me he only stocks higher end models close to 1 lac.

Also guys can any one tell whether MSI honors international warranty here in India. I am getting a very good deal on Newegg.

Also i know Asus gives international warranty, but is it Rashi that handle the laptop warranty as well.

Never mind... called up Lenovo India... the GT750m is only for the US, UK and Australia markets... There is no visibility as to when y500 with GT750m or y580 with GTX660M will be launched in India... bloody crap... these people still give a step treatment to India... launching all old and expired products in India without a refresh in years... to hell with Lenovo... m gonna buy Dell 17R turbo...

quote="prateekS, post: 1820398, member: 47651"]580 ain't available, I'm using the y500,gt 650m version... New Y500 has gt 750m..[/quote]
@prateekS Is the one with GT750M available in India? If so at what price??

Last edited by a moderator:
Y500 with 660m,gt650 slightly and gt750m are available in the US...

The gt750m version is for 799$ pre order, normal price 1149$...the 650m sli one is for 800$ and 660m one is for 950$..

I seriously suggest you not to buy dell... Overheating too much... My clan mate has an alienware m14xr2, apart from his 7200rpm hdd and his very awesome cooling... My laptop kicks ass.

@prateekS Gave it another thought... found the local authorized lenovo dealer in my area in Mumbai from the Lenovo India website... went to the dealer... this is what transpired:

Me: I am here to enquire about Lenovo ideapad y500.. Do u have it with you right now?

Dealer: No... we don't have it... we'll have to order.... will come in 3-4 days..

Me: Ok.. at what price will I get it...

Dealer: Umm... around 57k

Me(wondering if I heard it right): Are u sure 57k... Please check it on the Lenovo website... the model m talking about

Dealer(After checking the website): Sir... it will cost you 70K..

Me: But you just said 57k...

Dealer: Sorry sir... I was mistaken... this one will cost you 70k

Me(appalled and now shooting in the dark): But I am getting it online on flipkart, infibeam and ebay at around 62k.. are you trying to fleece me??

Dealer(calls a number on his landline, discusses and hangs up): Sir... 62k mein ho jayega...

Me(now really confused): Within last five minutes u gave me 3 very different quotes for the same laptop... I am not sure about lenovo now... (and I get less from the store)

Y500 with 660m,gt650 slightly and gt750m are available in the US...

The gt750m version is for 799$ pre order, normal price 1149$...the 650m sli one is for 800$ and 660m one is for 950$..

I seriously suggest you not to buy dell... Overheating too much... My clan mate has an alienware m14xr2, apart from his 7200rpm hdd and his very awesome cooling... My laptop kicks ass.

@prateekS Gave it another thought... found the local authorized lenovo dealer in my area in Mumbai from the Lenovo India website... went to the dealer... this is what transpired:

Me: I am here to enquire about Lenovo ideapad y500.. Do u have it with you right now?

Dealer: No... we don't have it... we'll have to order.... will come in 3-4 days..

Me: Ok.. at what price will I get it...

Dealer: Umm... around 57k

Me(wondering if I heard it right): Are u sure 57k... Please check it on the Lenovo website... the model m talking about

Dealer(After checking the website): Sir... it will cost you 70K..

Me: But you just said 57k...

Dealer: Sorry sir... I was mistaken... this one will cost you 70k

Me(appalled and now shooting in the dark): But I am getting it online on flipkart, infibeam and ebay at around 62k.. are you trying to fleece me??

Dealer(calls a number on his landline, discusses and hangs up): Sir... 62k mein ho jayega...

Me(now really confused): Within last five minutes u gave me 3 very different quotes for the same laptop... I am not sure about lenovo now... (and I get less from the store)

LOL xD

Same thing happened with me, had gone to check Alienware M15x's price, he told me 147k lol, I was like a laptop with 720QM and GTX 460M for 147k? I was like check again online, he didn't, so I went out knowing that in India it was for 98k, he told me he is ready at 105k, lol who will give 7k more if I can get it for 98k directly from Dell.

Back