Buying an Xbox 360 - some advice needed.

m47r1m

Adept
Hey guys by the end of the month I plan on getting an Xbox 360. Just a few tips needed though.

1 In Delhi where would be the best place to get one. I mean what would be the best deal I can get.

2 I can plug it into my VX1932 monitor right? It has both the VGA and DVI.

3 Best place to buy original games?

4 What do you do if it goes to red ringed heaven. Can you take it to the shop or do you have to call MS?

Thanks

3. Ebay.

Get a credit card and setup a paypal account, then all you need is ebay usa (ebay.com, not ebay.in).

I get the best prices there, just ordered 2 ps3 games (both new releases) for Rs.2400 and 2600.

If internet not possible, then for x360 games music planet/planet m etc are good, but they don't have a good library of games, for that you'll have to visit gray markets.

4. Buy your X360 with warranty, as soon as red ring hits send it to m$, they'll handle it from there.

m47r1m said:
1 In Delhi where would be the best place to get one. I mean what would be the best deal I can get.

I dont know the best one but you can get it in planet M in pune. So check out planet m stores in delhi.

Yeah I can get them at a lot of places here in Delhi but I was wondering which place would give me the best deal.

Thanks for the VGA input Nuke.

Whats the delivery time like from Ebay Param? I suppose I can buy games in Palika, they do stock originals.

7-14 days.

And yes Palika is a great place to get games too, some shops there will even take orders if they don't have a game you need.

Params7 said:
3. Ebay.
Get a credit card and setup a paypal account, then all you need is ebay usa (ebay.com, not ebay.in).

I get the best prices there, just ordered 2 ps3 games (both new releases) for Rs.2400 and 2600.

If internet not possible, then for x360 games music planet/planet m etc are good, but they don't have a good library of games, for that you'll have to visit gray markets.

4. Buy your X360 with warranty, as soon as red ring hits send it to m$, they'll handle it from there.

How much duty would they charge you for the games?

Sorry for the troll post but can't help it.. :devil2:

if you want good graphics, play on your PC...

If you want good gameplay and lot of fun, get a wii....

the xbox360 fits nowhere

superczar said:

the xbox360 fits nowhere

I have a obscenely good PC that plays everygame at maxxed out settings. And I will get a Wii at some point in the future if only for the GameCube catalogue.
But I still need my fix of Halo 3 Co op. ::eek:hyeah:

Plus Dead rising, Crackdown, Mass effect, Fable 2, Forza etc etc are a big factor.

A dealer in Nehru place wants 25K for the premuim version. Hopefully I can find a better deal before the 25th.

superczar said:
25k is way too high tho'

I know and thats not including a game and another wireless controller.

BTW a fantastic offer for all the 360 owners in India.

Halo-3

Preorder the game for 2500 bucks. You get a Halo 3 faceplate. And instead of the normal edition, you get the extras loaded Legendary edition. :clap:

some xtra info that may help......

- There is no limit to the "best deal" exercise, on ebay you can get xbox clubbed with good games as well, or buy it from planet m, or from a samsung store on installments.....difference may be hardly much depending on how much load you carry, one things for sure, you must get the wireless remote+hard disk edition only

- X360 can be modified to play ntsc pirated versions, requires installation of a mod chip, but that voids the warranty, originals can be bought from ebay, best source, planet M does not carry all titles and sucks as well.......i bought 3 myself and they all rocked, u can get "Cash on Delivery" in Delhi also....

- Install the update to play prev XBOX games like Halo 2 etc for more value to your money

- The latest xboxes carry the hdmi cable interface as well for high def gaming, if ur tv supports one....the component HD cable can be plugged into a monitor as well....lcd one atleast

Hope that helps :)

superczar said:

the xbox360 fits nowhere
Wii is fun for the initial part but once the novelty wears out the X360 is much better. Although for group sessions wii is better, but so is playing nfs in split screen or marvel ultimate alliance with 3-4 ppl and also soccer games on X360 are awesome

PC games are a dying breed now with just 2-3 good games a year...

- X360 can be modified to play ntsc pirated versions, requires installation of a mod chip, but that voids the warranty, originals can be bought from ebay, best source, planet M does not carry all titles and sucks as well.......i bought 3 myself and they all rocked, u can get "Cash on Delivery" in Delhi also....

Softmodding is a better option... and it works flawlessly to play any versions

Nemesis!!! said:
some xtra info that may help......

- There is no limit to the "best deal" exercise, on ebay you can get xbox clubbed with good games as well, or buy it from planet m, or from a samsung store on installments.....difference may be hardly much depending on how much load you carry, one things for sure, you must get the wireless remote+hard disk edition only

- Install the update to play prev XBOX games like Halo 2 etc for more value to your money

- The latest xboxes carry the hdmi cable interface as well for high def gaming, if ur tv supports one....the component HD cable can be plugged into a monitor as well....lcd one atleast

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the post.

But I am leaning more towards the Core version + extra controller + Hard disk which comes out to be slightly less than the premium version.

I wont be needing the HighDef comp. cables with the prem version, or the live head set. So if can swap them for an extra controller which is critical for me all the better right? Any particular reason why I should lean towards the premuim version?

Plus I already have an Xbox 1 so backwards compatability is not an issue for me.

BTW what is live like? Is it a lag fest or playable?

Actually, even i might be dropping the plans to build a new pc and get the xbox360 and a 24" display.

I was just wondering, does the firmware modding void the warranty?

m47r1m said:
Thanks for the post.

But I am leaning more towards the Core version + extra controller + Hard disk which comes out to be slightly less than the premium version.

I wont be needing the HighDef comp. cables with the prem version, or the live head set. So if can swap them for an extra controller which is critical for me all the better right? Any particular reason why I should lean towards the premuim version?

Plus I already have an Xbox 1 so backwards compatability is not an issue for me.

BTW what is live like? Is it a lag fest or playable?
There is no xtra reason you shud go for premium other than the fact that it more convenient....i don't kno how much is the hard disk costing you, but my value for money came in the form of Component Cable as well as wireless controller. Thatz coz i got a 32" Sony Bravia and i need to maintain respectable gameplay distance.....:)....not to mention squeeze every pixel of true high-def gaming at 1080i....

For u, since u seem the satisfied and public play kinda person, go ahead with whatever you plan.....:).....Haven't experienced live myself, no net at home......but heard itz worth it......if u get it before me, lemme know pal...

Back