Buying Android Phone from Singapore: Budget 15-25K

axis.meister

Disciple
Hi Guys,

My Brother will be travelling to Singapore in October, I wanted to know firstly if it will be cheaper buying a phone from Singapore? My Budget is 15-25K for an Android, had my eyes set on the Motorola Atrix HD based on what I have read, but am open to other Androids. Warranty is not rally a concern for me. Main usage will be Music, Internet, Games and Movies (in that order of priority with Music at highest priority). Expandable memory is also a must.

I mainly want to know if it would be worth the hassle to get a phone from Singapore and if there are some better phones which are available in SG that are not available in India.

thanks in advance,
aX

16GiG of fixed storage really isn't enough, especially since I tend to copy tons of music, movies and books on my devices. Galaxy Nexus 16GiG is about 23K on ebay, would be 1-2K lower with discount coupons and 480SGD would now be approx 21.5K, not much of a difference in price. Is it still worth buying electronics from SG? especially those that already available in India.
@universal do you know any bargain Elec markets in SG city? some tips would be greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -
@Aman27deep Atrix HD specs look good, but have no idea about the cost and availability in SG.

Last edited by a moderator:
16GiG of fixed storage really isn't enough, especially since I tend to copy tons of music, movies and books on my devices. Galaxy Nexus 16GiG is about 23K on ebay, would be 1-2K lower with discount coupons and 480SGD would now be approx 21.5K, not much of a difference in price. Is it still worth buying electronics from SG? especially those that already available in India.
universal do you know any bargain Elec markets in SG city? some tips would be greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -
Aman27deep Atrix HD specs look good, but have no idea about the cost and availability in SG.

when i bought gnex , price in india was around 24-25k , now its available within 21k so might get cheaper than 480 sgd.

I bought gnex from Naranjan Electronics 154 race course road.(Near Farrer Park MRT).you will get better deal on export sets there.

What about SGS II? It's still one of the best phones for this price. Be sure to buy the International variant though. I9100 and not the Asian I9100G..

Yep SGS II is still one of the best phones, but in India it is still priced at around 26K which is high considering how long it has been around and that it already has a successor in SGS III.

Back