buying domain

Hello guys,
I am planning to buy few domains and wondering which would be a good cheap and reliable place to buy them.

Please help me understand this -Also please excuse my little knowledge on this but I have a domain and website hosting with Namecheap.
I was wondering if I buy a domain from Godaddy and still use the hosting from Namecheap.

or should i just buy it from Namecheap only ?

thank you .

I switched to Cloudflare ages go and it is the cheapest for .com domains as it doesn't include much premium over the ICANN charges. If you need Wordpress hosting, then you can get lifetime deals for $25-50 that have decent specs for a blog. VPS will cost you more as it will be recurring and you will have to DIY.

I like Cloudflare for price and GoDaddy for the largest availability of TLDs. For example, you can't buy .de domains unless you can furnish a German address, but with GoDaddy, you can, because they have an agent in Germany who can give their address as a proxy.

And yes, you can have different services for domain and serving, this is pretty easy.

Please also suggest me a domain + email option.

I have a .in domain since 2008/09. And I have an email associated to it (myname@mydomain.in). Email is forwarded to my gmail. It is not important but I just want to keep it for feel good factor and once in while Samsung corporate offers. :)

For domain name buying/renewal, I was using Net4 and later moved to godaddy. Email was free with Google workspace till last year.

I paid Rs.825 in Dec'22 to godaddy for one year domain renewal. Email renewal is due in Sep'23 and it is asking Rs.708 for one year. Last year I paid Rs.411 for one year email.

Please suggest me cheapest option for domain+email.

Please also suggest me a domain + email option.

I have a .in domain since 2008/09. And I have an email associated to it (myname@mydomain.in). Email is forwarded to my gmail. It is not important but I just want to keep it for feel good factor and once in while Samsung corporate offers. :)

For domain name buying/renewal, I was using Net4 and later moved to godaddy. Email was free with Google workspace till last year.

I paid Rs.825 in Dec'22 to godaddy for one year domain renewal. Email renewal is due in Sep'23 and it is asking Rs.708 for one year. Last year I paid Rs.411 for one year email.

Please suggest me cheapest option for domain+email.
I use Cloudflare's email forwarding to my Outlook address which is free and have the domain address configured in Outlook.

But in this reply through domain email will not work right? it will go through your outlook mail
Yes, but with the configured email address for the domain since you can set up a custom one in Outlook.

Edit: I have been using Microsoft 365 for a long time now, so probably it is a premium service covered under that.

Edit #2: https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/275561/microsoft-is-almost-killing-outlook-com-custom-domains
So you have time till Nov to set up a custom domain now using Microsoft 365.

Used hostgator.in for domains, email is through MS Office 365 (hostgator directly supports google workspace, mso365 I did myself through trial and error basis with help of hostgator support team).
Am looking for website developers (beginer level, nothing advanced) for small websites occasionally.
Have anyone tried Microsoft Sway, how efficient it is ?

As someone who owns 10+ domains, NameCheap is best their offers are simply amazing, I bought a .in domain for 10 years @ $49.99 while others were quite costly back then, this was back in 2022.
So my vote goes to Namecheap for any domain you want, and I use Cloudflare for DNS, nothing can beat CloudFlare's DNS propagation time, it's basically instant! So yeah both this combo is deadly.

Do NOT buy from godaddy. they're well known to jack up prices on you, make it hard to transfer, and generally have terribly business practices.
I buy domains from either namecheap or name.com, never faced any issues with them. I would also buy from cloudflare but they don't currently offer the TLD I want.

Used hostgator.in for domains, email is through MS Office 365 (hostgator directly supports google workspace, mso365 I did myself through trial and error basis with help of hostgator support team).
Am looking for website developers (beginer level, nothing advanced) for small websites occasionally.
Have anyone tried Microsoft Sway, how efficient it is ?
I am part of Office 365 group of 6 (I am not an admin). Can I use office 365 for rmails for my custom domain?

Last edited:
I am part of Office 365 group of 6 (I am non an admin). Can I use office 365 for rmails for my custom domain?
Yes, you'll have to ask the admin of the group to add your domain to Office365 once the setup is complete you can then get them to add it as an email address or alias so you can use it.

Back