Graphic Cards Buying Graphics Card from Singapore

c0n.

Disciple
Hello guys, need some quick help here.

My brother is going to make a quick stop between his flights in Singapore tomorrow, he will be having around 10 hours to look around in the city.

Simlim lane and Fuzion Tech mall is the name that keep popping up when I try to search for places to shop, online.
I have a budget of around 15-17k INR.
I need a graphics card that would suffice for atleast 3 years at higher/ultra settings.

Which graphic cards can I tell him to loook for at that price range, I was really hoping for a 660ti, 7950 or possibly a 7970.

Any TE member having any experience of shopping their? Online or otherwise, is price difference enough to compromise on warranty front.
1 S$ = 44 INR
Any help will be appreciated.

@c0n. until you do not have a proper plan incase you get a DoA piece OR a lemon I suggest you avoid buying the graphics card from Singapore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrite man I will tell'em to ask about warranty coverage in India first thing.

In case I do get one with worldwide coverage, what can I expect to get in 15-17k range?

eVGA cards are your only option, that too you will have to ship the card to the nearest local eVGA authorized / affiliated service centre on your expense, returns is on the company. You will have to verify whether the card falls in the purview of this eVGA International warranty cover EVGA | Support | Product Warranty / EVGA launches simplified serial-based global warranty program - TechSpot News.

Now you need to do the homework whether the card you buy is under the Global warranty terms of eVGA OR not. Sapphire has changed internationally purchased products in India on occasions but I do not know their definitive cover OR just one off cases.

In the price range, your brother might find the following cards (no guarantee) --
  • AMD HD7850 2GB (all the editions)
  • nVidia GTX660
  • nVidia GTX660Ti (vanilla edition(s) from third-party manufactures might be affordable)
  • AMD HD7870 2GB (third-party editions with better coolers might fall in the budget's purview if prices are saner than they are in India)
  • AMD HD7950 2GB (vanilla edition, older stock which will be heavily discounted after nVidia's Kepler onslaught)
Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- You will need to research more about each companies warranty policy as well, whether it is International OR not, just buying a card from Singapore from MSi, ASUS OR ZOTAC!, HIS OR Sapphire blindly will not suffice, you will need to go the whole hog and find out about what you will have to do incase of a crisis in India.

I myself has researched abt this and almost all companies shy from providing warrenties on internationally bought cards - So stick with local purchase even if you gona spend more here.
Still, if you want to pull the trigger no doubt go with AMD 7870.

Back