Buying help for iphone 4s frm US.

rdbbond

Adept
Want to buy a iphone 4s from US. My dad's coming next week. Apple says its arnd 649$ for 16gb model on their site. Is it final price or some additional charges? He enquired at a store in LAX. It ll cost arnd 30000. Just any1 can advise frm where shld it be bought for best price. Any suggestions wud be welcome.Any suggestions wud be welcome.

rdbbond said:
Want to buy a iphone 4s from US. My dad's coming next week. Apple says its arnd 649$ for 16gb model on their site. Is it final price or some additional charges? He enquired at a store in LAX. It ll cost arnd 30000. Just any1 can advise frm where shld it be bought for best price. Any suggestions wud be welcome.Any suggestions wud be welcome.
It would be 649 + 8-9 % tax, tell him to insert his Sim card and put the box & accessories in check in baggage.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Better get it from Apple store but something very very important you need to tell your dad is that he should check the phone then and there in apple store by inserting his SIM. Preferably a Non-AT&T SIM.
I am saying this because i read somewhere that apple also sells the unlocked (not factory unlocked) phones at apple store and those phones are unlocked by apple employees themselves. But have read stories of people having issues with such unlocked phones.
So insist on FACTORY UNLOCKED only.
Final cost would be 649$ + Tax depending on state.Tell him to put the box and accessories in check in bag and the keep the iPhone with his own SIM with himself as if he is the user. This way you will save on the preying customs.

California will levy 8% tax over the sale price.

Insist on Factory Unlocked and buy from official Apple Store, you won't go wrong.

Lastly keep the phone in hand/on person and the box in the check-in luggage (not the hand bags).

Also, post reported for SMS and short hand lingo. :)

Have a nice day.

Superb, that was really helpful guys. My friends are insisting to buy 3 phones for them. But actually i am hesitating. Havent confirmed them yet anythn coz for one phone

rdbbond said:
Superb, that was really helpful guys. My friends are insisting to buy 3 phones for them. But actually i am hesitating. Havent confirmed them yet anythn coz for one phone

Don't bring so many. It will surely attract the customs. Or tell your friends to be ready to pay ANY additional costs like customs etc (in case).
phoenix844884 said:
California will levy 8% tax over the sale price.

Insist on Factory Unlocked and buy from official Apple Store, you won't go wrong.

Lastly keep the phone in hand/on person and the box in the check-in luggage (not the hand bags).

Also, post reported for SMS and short hand lingo. :)

Have a nice day.

Wouldn't there be the additional CA Recycle fee of 6% (or something around) ??

Well my friend got Iphone 4 unlocked from US. His sister also tested it by using her SIM. But here in India, none of the SIMs are working in it. He has to do some additional unlock. So beware of such issues.

The customs charged are just 2.3%. That means a max of 800 bucks even if you get them sealed pack if you carry the bill. However i'm not sure of any limit on the worth of electronics you can carry.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

ambar_hitman said:
Well my friend got Iphone 4 unlocked from US. His sister also tested it by using her SIM. But here in India, none of the SIMs are working in it. He has to do some additional unlock. So beware of such issues.

This is exactly same thing i was mentioning about. This is like the apple employee screwed up the unlock process and as in nature of apple is, they will never admit it.
Did you sister use a Tmobile SIM to check or ATT only ?
That is why i suggest using a Tmobile SIM to check rather than AT&T because natively if the phone was locked before, it was surely on AT&T sim.

Well i guess this is as good a thread as any to clear my dillema. I am getting some pretty fantastic deals on AT&T iPhone 4s and one of my relatives is coming from the US on the 13th. Plus there is some excitingly positive news regarding jailbreak and unlock for the 4s. Should i go ahead and buy these locked pieces as i don't mind waiting for the unlock, or should i wait for the unlock to come out and rather pay for the shipping through SNS ( which i can save on now).

Plus i'm pretty sure that once the unlock is out the sellers will jack up the prices.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

Guys this is really bad. Factory unlocked iphones nt working in any of networks in india.? Hey amber_hitman jst confirm if it ws factory unlocked,which sim she tested on? Thnks
I am also gettin very great offers on at&t iphone 4s ( 26k for 16gb). Gevey sim doesnt work on the 4s. And between my dad asked today abt sprint iphones. They r providing a unlock for the iphone to work Internationally. :)

Back