Laptops Buying IBM Lenovo

It looks too expensive. Why don't you take a look at the Dell Inspiron 6400 series? You might be able to get a better configuration for the same amount.

Yeah, Lenovo does have some of the better styling... Acer is good in that department too, but there are too many little niggles in Acer laptops that present themselves over a period of time for me to be able to recommend one to you.

Buy her a macbook instead and use bootcamp.

psynaps3 said:
How about the Acer Ferrari :cool2:

That's costly yar...acer ferrari is also AMD. I want core duo only

I'll see what best i can get by friday...jokes aside i seriously need to get this laptop asap and hand it over to my sis leaving for UK(too costly there) next week..

thanks anywayz.

Regards.

Sandy said:
get a Dell inspiron 6400 with core duo, 512mb ddr2, 80 gb drive, dvdrw should come to about 53k all inc delivered

Ok thanks for your suggestion...3 laptops in my list now to choose from.

regards.

Hmmm... the Apples are too expensive in India.

I have an Inspiron 6400, I would second that motion. Also, check up UK laptop prices, I find that they are now a lot cheaper than they used to be.

A frnd of mine got a compaq one with intl warranty....he says he got it frm malaysia..and he is not here so i still dont know the truth

he said c2d 512mb ram and 80gb hdd...with intl warranty for 33k........i find the stuff fishy...does any deal like this exist in intl market????? becoz same config dell gives for 53k here.....with some little addition like dvd burner and mayb even little hdd upgrades

My company has replaced my Dell Latitude D610 with a dual core Lenovo T60. It's ok for work. The screen is much better and does not fingerprint stain easily but still with viewing angle and contrast issues(god...when will these get solved). Lenovo lappys are generally all black. Mine has some velvety looking texture which feels a little rough all over but doesn't stain.

Keyboard is good but the gaming keys suck. The biggest problems are that the control key is placed to the right of the function key, i.e. the function key and it's even difficult to do cntrl-c and cntrl-v as I keep pressing the left most fn key. Plus the arrow keys are sized for a baby's hands. I know these are generally smaller that the rest of the keys on laptops but this just prevents gaming.

What else...hmm.....I notice that Unreal tournament does not work properly with dual core. I shut one core off, set a compatibility setting and try to play unreal...it's ok but man it sucks. Saw BI2 on my laptop and that's when I noticed the contrast issues. IMO, my dell was better for gaming even with the display issues..

hi everybody,

thanks a ton for all valuable replies posted here. I'll check out the various laptop brands..i think there will be a surprise :)

regards.

Sandy said:
get a Dell inspiron 6400 with core duo, 512mb ddr2, 80 gb drive, dvdrw should come to about 53k all inc delivered

Dell is too expensive. They dont give any leatherbag, bluetooth, wifi for free!
i think Lenovo is the best bet. The Y-Series collection is awesome!

cheers

moredotnet

Back