Buying My first SmartPhone

hello,

So I am buying my first smart phone. But all this choosing process has confused me.The prices in my area are very different i.e moto defy is for 30k :( .Anyways my budget is 15-23k and these phones are the ones I can buy considering the availability and budget:-

1. Samsung galaxy Gio --- 19k

2. HTC Wildfire ( not wildfire S) ---- 20k

3. LG Optimus One ----- 21k

4. nokia 5800 XM ----- 20k

P.S : Dont freak out with these prices, I know its too much but I dont have any other solution.

So, what I am looking for is a phone that I can use for around 2-3 years i.e it should get sw updates for sometime. And the second thing is that it shouldnot lag.Camera is not an issue for me.I have heard LG O1 lag while playing angry birds.Only Gio from the above has the best processor that is why sofar I have mind set on Gio.So please help me in making this decision and if you know any other phone that is better and falls in this price range then do let me know.Thanks for taking your time and reading this :)

Rule out the Nokia 5800. It is not in production IINM.

The phones you mentioned are much below the 23K budget that you are willing to spend.

I would suggest the HTC Desire (not Desire Z or Desire HD or Desire S or any of the other Desire variants)

What reason :S None of the phones are worth the price you are quoting.

The nexus S sells for 20k and the Galaxy S SAMOLED sells for 22k in India. (Online stores. Pricing is similar in most cities and even in smaller towns)

So prices are in PKR. ? 1 INR = 1.92 PKR. Then thats fine pricing i guess.

Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 - Full phone specifications

Get this one. It has lesser RAM than the O1 P500.(278MB vs 512MB) But it also has the processor clocked higher (800MHz vs 600MHz of the same model MSM7227.)

Since its cheaper too its a good option IMO. :) If 19k PKR then its 10k INR and its fair pricing.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 review: Average Gio - GSMArena.com

nightcrawler123 said:
The reason why prices are high because I am buying from Pakistan.I have a 3 months official posting here and I need to buy a new phone in 1-2 days.

uhh, u do know the exchange rate is half right?

means the prices seem to be right.

..and why would u even go there, quite a brave guy imho.

I went to the shops like 2 hours before and it comes down to this.

either LG optimus one or galaxy Gio

@darkangel : the new games etc require more ram or more processor? I just want to compare because one phone has better processor and other has better ram

..and why would u even go there, quite a brave guy imho.

Well I was offered good money as a general practitioner in Pakistan, so just couldn't resist myself from going there :)

nightcrawler123 said:
The reason why prices are high because I am buying from Pakistan.I have a 3 months official posting here and I need to buy a new phone in 1-2 days.
If you aren't really desperate for a smart phone, considering you are there only for 3 months, why not buy the cheapest functional phone that you can get over there - assuming you don't already have one - and then buy a phone from India once you are here? If nothing else, there is some gratification that you spent some Pakistani money in Indian territory :) On a more serious note, you need to remember that if something goes wrong, warranty would be a pain here. I would suggest a rethink on your decision. Rest is all upto you :)

Gio since it has its CPU clocked ~33% higher. Gio and O1 P500 will get Ginger bread 2.3 but not beyond that.

So unless you open loads of apps at the same time 278MB RAM should be sufficient for a midranger. So get the Gio.

nightcrawler123 said:
ASk a friend to buy it from the site, delivery within 2-3 days from Flipkart. Grab the Moto Defy.

Back