Audio Buying new Earphone. Please Help!

pretttt

Skilled
Hi,

My SonyErricsson Earphone just stopped working and so I'm forced to buy a new one. I want a In-Ear one just like my Sony one. I will be connecting it to my SE W700i phone.

I just browsed the Dealer's section and saw that Amarbir is selling Creative EP630 and SoundMagic PL11. I'm thinking of buying either of em.

But the thing is I have no idea on this regard. How do these earphones sound compared to the SE ones which you get with the phone? Are they similar, worse or better? As for budget, I want to spend as less as possible. EP630 is available for around 450/- and PL11 is available for around 600/- So please consider this as the upper limit for my budget. Also, I've been having an incredible run of luck/badluck where pretty much anything I buy either is DOA or goes dead within a month. So warranty is VERY important for me!

Any suggestions or tips are welcome.

Thanks for your time.

The Sound Magic PL-11 is a better buy compared to the EP-630. It's better in terms of Sound Quality & also it comes with Manufacturer warranty which is not there on the OEM EP-630 selling for 460 bucks.

Also both the PL-11 and EP-630 are better than the sony ericson in-ear phones .:p

I would say PL-11 they are any day better than the EP 630 and as Faheem said its way far better than sony ericsson( I have seen people saying sony ericsson are better than RE2 :rofl:)

ok.. I've almost decided to go for the PL11 then. Do I need to look at anything else in that price range or can I safely go and confirm the order with Amarbir? Also how is the build quality of these things? I usually listen to music during the 1-2hr bus journey to and from office. Will be carrying these in my pocket so it will get handled pretty rough. I feel thats how my SE earphones stopped working :(

also, would I need anything extra like Amplifiers etc to get these to work decently? I dont know Amplifiers are for and have no plans of buying them. I just want a cheap and long lasting earphones for my phone which sound atleast as good as the default earphone!!

I think the PL-11 comes with a carry pouch so you dont need to keep them in your pocket ,but you do need to take care of them ,infact any earphones for that matter. :p

You won't need any amp for the PL-11s . they can be driven pretty easily by any portable source.

The EP 630 are somewhat lacking in bass. Mids and highs come out fine though. PL-11 are definitely better when compared to EP-630, both in terms of bass and build quality.

Another thing, you said you want them to listen to music with you Sony Ericsson w700i. w700i does not have a 3.5mm port. You'll have to use a converter along with the new earphones that you buy, which will effectively make the cord very long and unmanageable. Keep this is mind before making your purchase.

m1k3y said:
Another thing, you said you want them to listen to music with you Sony Ericsson w700i. w700i does not have a 3.5mm port. You'll have to use a converter along with the new earphones that you buy, which will effectively make the cord very long and unmanageable. Keep this is mind before making your purchase.

the w700i comes with a converter. Ofcourse it will be long and unmanageable, but I feel it should be ok.

How are these compared with hpm-70.some say they are better.i am asking this because the hpm-70 just cost 225 bucks locally. How much is the improvement over hpm-64?

i dont quiet get this.. have u even heard the PL-11 or r just gonna buy them based on reviews???.. Go hear them yourself and pick what suits ur ear the best/// not based on reviews ma friend..

umm.. yea.

I dont think any shop would let me listen to a earphone if I'm not gonna buy it.

and anyways, already placed the order, so...

Buy the PL-11 from Amarbir. He is the official distributor for Soundmagic products in India and Soundmagic earphones are very good VFM. :)

get pl-11 .. perfect for ur budget , best in SQ, bass and build
case closed

BF1983 said:
Buy the PL-11 from Amarbir. He is the official distributor for Soundmagic products in India and Soundmagic earphones are very good VFM. :)

yup already placed the order and made payment. Now waiting..

Back