Buying Nokia E72 a good idea or not???

chitraksh

Disciple
I had been thinking from quite sometime to replace my Nokia 6630... but not able to come to any conclusion E52 E72 or blackberry pearl.. i want a steady phone with all features balanced .. don't wanna go for a touch screen ... and not more than 16-17k...

Need your suggestions on this....... :Dhttp://www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/happy19.gif

Yup... its a rock solid , stable phone. And by solid , i really mean it. You could damage somebody with its steel body :p

If you want a more social networking centric device then the E5 might be a slightly better choice because of the new widget based homescreen on it.

Go and read user impressions of E72 on both Nokia forums and GSMArena. It seems to be really well built, with a good camera awesome battery life but suffers from basic usability issues like running out of memory, application crashes and FM crashing, with no FW updates from Nokia for the same.

I think E5 would be better VFM purchase as a practical phone but sacrificing on camera,GPS,battery life and THE BUILD.

Basically on Paper nothing can beat an E72 but if you consider a more practical solution E5 is a better buy, don't even think about getting a blackberry you'll end up paying more because of the black berry service.

Get the E5...

I have used both (my E72 & friend's E5) & the E5 is much better built. And I am not talking about materials used.... Materials used are far better in the E72 but it suffers from horrible backlight leakage & insufficient tactility of some keys. That is not the case with the E5.

Thank you so much for ur suggestions guys.. will think over it again....coz i almost finalized E72... but listening to ur feedbacks will have 2 give a second thought again... well i've seen n used a demo e5 at mobile store but didn't like its built quality and i'm in search of a fone which i can use for next 3 yrs at least... so should be up to date... SO CONFUSED AGAIN... :p

Well actually i've been using the E72 for about 9 months now.. There really is no backlight leaking. Atleast not on my unit. No application crashing but i dunno about FM as i don't use it. RAM has never been a problem. Also... there was a firmware update just a few days back :p

Unless you're into social networking and all a LOT , i'd still recommend the E72. That thing oozes class.

I can definitely vouch for the E72, as I've used it extensively.

Haven't heard about the backlight leaks that is being referred to here, but the screen is way better than the *cheaper, transmissive-type* display used in the E5, that appears washed out under direct sunlight.

The only high points of E5 are price+5MP camera+revamped UI.

I would go so far as to recommend the E71 over the E5, if you don't need the fancy UI, the 5MP camera and a bump in processor/memory (for Symbian).

wats more in e72 , a 5mp cam on paper , no better than e71's 3.2mp

same build quality ,

e71 has better key spacing and positioning

so wat if e72 has a bit faster processor , not required for a symbian operated phone ,

i wud still say get E71 and save 4-5k for something better , it will definitely last 3 years as per OP's requirement ,

E72 is not much of an improvement over E71 , still if u like to waste 4k get E72 :p

Go for E72, the faster processor itself is a reason big enough to go for E72 over E71, other than that you get much better camera and 8gb memory card included in the box.

Faster processor , S60 v3 WITH FP2 , the cam is way better than the horrible one on the E71. The E72 gets lifetime navigation as well... definitely better than the E71

Err...the the bump in processor speed only shows on few occasions, esp if you are power user and play around with apps a lot. General functionality runs at pretty much the same pace.

The difference in camera is obvious, with a noticeable difference in PQ. Although, it depends on whether the OP is actually looking for a good camera, esp. from a business phone.

Feature Pack 2 does throw in some nifty little improvements, most notably the visuals. But it is in no way superior to the previous release. You have themes with icon sets to revamp the look if required.

As far as free navigation goes, this should offer some consolation.

other than that you get much better camera and 8gb memory card included in the box.

Well, when you're paying close to 4k over the E71 (which comes with a 2 gig card), you are bound to expect such things. :)

I'm not trying to debate here, but simply point out that are very few difference between the two devices.

To sum up, the E71 is still one of the sleekest Symbian/QWERTY devices in the market, putting up a good fight with the general competition.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Are you kidding me ? Faster processor , S60 v3 WITH FP2 , the cam is way better than the horrible one on the E71. The E72 gets lifetime navigation as well... definitely better than the E71
+1 ... I'm using e71 and this input is from the same,,, the camera this fone has is horrible... Just got a 3.2 MP label and its worse than a vga camera... I'm gonna upgrade to E72 in a week....

Back