Buying Nokia E72 a good idea or not???

chitraksh

Disciple
I had been thinking from quite sometime to replace my Nokia 6630... but not able to come to any conclusion E52 E72 or blackberry pearl.. i want a steady phone with all features balanced .. don't wanna go for a touch screen ... and not more than 16-17k...

Need your suggestions on this....... :Dhttp://www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/happy19.gif

I own an E72. Its a very good phone with great software bundles. Only 2 downsides: 1) Both internal and external speakers are weak. Difficult to hear voicecalls and ringtones in a noisy place. 2) The body of E72 is so thin that the phone sometimes slips out of the grip.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Well actually i've been using the E72 for about 9 months now.. There really is no backlight leaking. Atleast not on my unit. No application crashing but i dunno about FM as i don't use it. RAM has never been a problem. Also... there was a firmware update just a few days back :p

Unless you're into social networking and all a LOT , i'd still recommend the E72. That thing oozes class.
@ OP: U can take Dhruv's word for it. In case u are not aware, he is the in-house CellGuru (He reviews cellphones and tech gadgets). :)

@ Dhruv:
I had this horrible backlight seeping from the sides of my soft keys. Really hated that... But mine was from the early lots... Price ~ 18k... So, maybe the quality was a bit compromised then.... or else, I got a lemon.... A lemon worth 18k!!! :p

dhruvrock2000 said:
Agree with Puja -> Speakers are on the weak side.

@nehal -> Thanks dude :D Yea, there was a revision later on in the product cycle where backlighting leakage was tightened up.
Ohh... I didn't know tat... But I surely got a lesson. Never opt for a new product instantly; wait for it to stabilize in the market a bit. ;)

silverbyte said:
I personally like the Charm concept. Except for the BackTrack thing, it seems to be a good buy. I think that backtrack thing is absolutely not needed... :(

thetoxicmind said:
To sum up, the E71 is still one of the sleekest Symbian/QWERTY devices in the market, putting up a good fight with the general competition.
True. I'm using two E71s. When getting the second E71, i briefly considered E72 as well, but somehow the higher price couldn't be justified for the 'minor' upgrades i was getting (from E71 to E72). Then again, i don't really fancy phone-cam at all. Any phone-cam, not matter what the numbers it carries (12MP, Carl-Zeiss etcetera) just doesn't cut when it comes to viewing the image on big screen.

TheMask said:
True. I'm using two E71s. When getting the second E71, i briefly considered E72 as well, but somehow the higher price couldn't be justified for the 'minor' upgrades i was getting (from E71 to E72). Then again, i don't really fancy phone-cam at all. Any phone-cam, not matter what the numbers it carries (12MP, Carl-Zeiss etcetera) just doesn't cut when it comes to viewing the image on big screen.
Want to see some pics from the N8 ? Would change your mind ;)

Oh and yea... the E5 is totally a better deal than the E72. Same features cheaper... but doesn't have the same look unfortunately. I've got the E5 , E72 , E71 all with me right now.. so you can fire away any questions if you want.

I am using E5 for Past 2 months, the only downside is the Adjustment of Falsh wrt Night Conditions, it's very tricky. Otherwise it's really a damn good phone. The best thing is: I'm just paying 199 per month on a postpaid connection with 2GB of Usage where I check my corporate emails, surf web, do chat, facebook, utilize Ovi Store etc. Thus I dont have to pay for Expensive Blackberry Services. You will be saving around 5k here then plan for an LG Optimus Phone as a Second Phone. Cool Deal isn't it??

Have been using E71 since last 1 month...good, solid phone with comfortable QWERTY kb. Camera is just okay,and night mode is useless. I do not use camera much, so not a -ve point for me. Given the price diff. between E71 and E72, I think E71 is a good deal.

e72 is a good phone ...the camera quality is not so appealing although but the features are good
it have some considerable advances over its predecessor e71 , but if u wamt to lower your budget then you can go for a e71 ,which is a good phone too ,however there is no such huge noticable differene between e71 and e71 when it comes to looks
but hardware (processor ,better camera etc ) are the advantages
,can you presisely tell what is the use of phone like multimedia ,business purpose or anything else

Back