Buying PC @ 30K AMD/INTEL

Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
NONE

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
N/A

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
GPU - ATI 6770
Mobo, CPU, Cabinet, PSU, Keyboard, UPS, DVD/RW,

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No upgrade for 2 years. Might upgrade within 1 year if config is selected per that, would like to invest such that games will still be played good, but hardware shall be compatible to upcoming upgrades

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
New Delhi

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
N/A

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
FPS
Racing
At medium to High settings
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x728
Desktop - 1440x900
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes/No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
Linux - RedHat

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor Core i3 2100 5300

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3 3450

RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1250

HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 1950

GPU MSI R6770-MD1GD 1GB GDDR5 6500

Monitor Benq G2220HD 6900

Cabinet CM Elite 310 1600

PSU/SMPS Corsair CX430 v2 2200

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650

Mouse NA -

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950

Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 BXR1121 950

Total 31700

Increase your budget a bit and go for this setup. Will do nicely. If you cant spend a penny more than 30k then go for the Intel PDC G620 ~ 3.4k (Sandy Bridge) and upgrade later to a Ivy Bridge processor.

Another alternative if you cant spend more than 30k is the AthlonII X3 445 ~ 3.4k and any decent entry level 880G mobo ~ 3.5k. But with BD release on Sep 19th the current gen. AthlonII and PhenomII will be phased out. (The dual core and tri core Llanos would replace them and the A55 chipset would be released for a cheaper price like the H61)

Go with the rig that DA has suggested... i would like to just make one change in the DA's suggested rig... Instead of CX430V2 buy Seasonic S12II 430 ~ 2950 if you can spend slightly more money... :)

hnn.....buying AMD will stop future upgrades
But going Intel way, does the mobo you suggested support all the intel proccy's......
M a bit out dated nowadays, bt earlier it was like only some high end boards that support higher proccy's and for i5's and i3's there were cheaper one's
This mobo does support i7's also, but will it support Ivy bridge
How wou;d it effect my config if I need to upgrade/add more GPU later....so It would be one more 6770 in crossfire => I will need a Crossfire supporting mobo
Or will it be better to spend 10K's now and be silent for 3-4 years.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also , using heavy GPU will also need gud PSU like Cooler Master 600W for 2 GPU's

In addition to these 30K's, A LCD is also required for watching in HD, and plating games at decent resolutions, Benq G2220HD will suffice or any other suggestion ?

^^ It will support all the processors that are 1155 right from G620 to core i7 2600k.

Dont think about crossfire for cards like 6770. You would be better getting atleast a single 6870 and more powerful PSU and be silent for atleast 2 years. If not you can go for 6950 2gb and be silent for 3 or more years with a powerful PSU.

According to what I have seen on net, Ivy bridge are going to be LGA 1155, but will need a new mobo as the chipsets would be different.

Increase your budget. Get i5 2500k, 6950 (atleast the 1gb model) and enjoy the next 4 to 5 years.

Benq G2220HD is more than enough bro

warewolf4586 said:
hnn.....buying AMD will stop future upgrades

But going Intel way, does the mobo you suggested support all the intel proccy's......

M a bit out dated nowadays, bt earlier it was like only some high end boards that support higher proccy's and for i5's and i3's there were cheaper one's

This mobo does support i7's also, but will it support Ivy bridge

How wou;d it effect my config if I need to upgrade/add more GPU later....so It would be one more 6770 in crossfire => I will need a Crossfire supporting mobo

Or will it be better to spend 10K's now and be silent for 3-4 years.

Also , using heavy GPU will also need gud PSU like Cooler Master 600W for 2 GPU's

In addition to these 30K's, A LCD is also required for watching in HD, and plating games at decent resolutions, Benq G2220HD will suffice or any other suggestion ?

See future Ivy Bridge processors would be backward compatible with LGA1155 motherboards... No matter which chipset motherboard you own, you would be able to upgrade to IB processors... You just would have to update the bios of the motherboard before installing a new IB processor ;)... See if you are thinking to build a multi GPU rig then the overall cost of the rig would increase substantially... See if you are thinking to build a multi GPU rig then you would have to spend some extra money on other components too... For example... You would have to buy a motherboard which supports CrossfireX + SLI... and the cheapest CFX/SLI board available in the indian market is MSI P67A-GD55 ~ 9.5k... Plus you would have to buy a beefier PSU like TX750 if you are gonna CFX or SLI two high end GPUs...plus you would be requiring a cabby with good enough space for muti GPU setup and which can provide good airflow to keep the temperature of the GPUs down... See if you are on low budget now then here is what i would advise you to do... buy the components that DA has suggested except the GPU and instead of CX430V2 buy something with more stamina like Seasonic S12II 520 ~ 3.8k and instead of CM Elite 310 buy NZXT Gamma ~ 2.1k... Use the PC for few days without a GPU and save some money and after gathering some money buy a power GPU like HD6870 ~ 11.5k or HD6950 1GB ~ 13 / 13.2k... In this way you would be able to build a much better rig without compromising on any component plus the HD6950 1GB would be enough to handle most games at full HD resoluion with all the settings cranked up... If you would hear the story of my rig that how i built it you would just get amazed... :p

Hades. said:
See future Ivy Bridge processors would be backward compatible with LGA1155 motherboards... No matter which chipset motherboard you own, you would be able to upgrade to IB processors... You just would have to update the bios of the motherboard before installing a new IB processor ;)... See if you are thinking to build a multi GPU rig then the overall cost of the rig would increase substantially... See if you are thinking to build a multi GPU rig then you would have to spend some extra money on other components too... For example... You would have to buy a motherboard which supports CrossfireX + SLI... and the cheapest CFX/SLI board available in the indian market is MSI P67A-GD55 ~ 9.5k... Plus you would have to buy a beefier PSU like TX750 if you are gonna CFX or SLI two high end GPUs...plus you would be requiring a cabby with good enough space for muti GPU setup and which can provide good airflow to keep the temperature of the GPUs down... See if you are on low budget now then here is what i would advise you to do... buy the components that DA has suggested except the GPU and instead of CX430V2 buy something with more stamina like Seasonic S12II 520 ~ 3.8k and instead of CM Elite 310 buy NZXT Gamma ~ 2.1k... Use the PC for few days without a GPU and save some money and after gathering some money buy a power GPU like HD6870 ~ 11.5k or HD6950 1GB ~ 13 / 13.2k... In this way you would be able to build a much better rig without compromising on any component plus the HD6950 1GB would be enough to handle most games at full HD resoluion with all the settings cranked up... If you would hear the story of my rig that how i built it you would just get amazed... :p

@hades.....really convincing words

I wud also advice my friend the same

Maybe we will get hd6850 with some gud coolermaster or corsair or seasonic 600w psu

Where to get nzxt in nehru place delhi or itdepot is only option.?

Which h67 board on tight budgey, intel or msi/gigabyte

As per the discussions so far and gathering data from other threads. I think I can settle for this

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor Intel PDC G620 3450

Motherboard Intel DH67BL(B3) 5150

RAM Corsair 2X2GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1500

HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 1950

GPU MSI Cyclone OC HD6850 1GB GDDR5PE 9350

Monitor Benq G2220HD 6900

Cabinet NZXT GAMMA/CM ELITE 342 2100

PSU/SMPS Seasonic S12II 520w 3500

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650

Mouse NA -

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950

Speakers Sanhieser HD202 1800
Total = Rs. 37300

* This is the path forward to upgrade later to IVY Bridge and not compromising on current Gaming performance. Will it work well

* I do not intend to upgrade GPU later, will 6850 be enough or do I need to have something higher like MSI Nvidia N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB GDDR5 @13750 ?

* Do ATI cards also have something like physx

* Is Benq G2220HD enough or is it better to upgrade to E2220HD for more future proofing (or just conversion adaptor for ports will do)

* Intel board shows upto 1333Mhz RAM compatibility, do they also have any model with 1600Mhz compatibility ?

* Prices are from Theitwares.com

* advantages/disadvantages of intel board, any equivalent asus/msi/gigabyte board?

Hi buddies....

need ur comments for freezing this config.....will be buying this saturday.....

- If you don't want to change your GPU for a while, I would suggest you to go for a 6950 to enjoy full HD gaming on newer titles that would release in future.
- Stick to the G2220HD since you have budget constraints.
- 1333Mhz is the maximum frequency what the H67 chipset supports. So you won't find any H67 motherboard that supports 1600Mhz.
- The DH67-BL is a great board and the cheapest with USB3 and 4 ram slots.

I strongly suggest you to get an i3 2100 atleast to be able to utilize the 6950 fully. The G620 might just be able to handle the 6850 (if it does), but if you're getting the 6950, the G620 would bottleneck it. The i3 2100 would make it a much more balanced rig IMO. So I would advise you to up your budget a little instead of getting an unbalanced rig.

If not the 6950, then it still is worth getting the i3 2100 over G620.

Back