PC Peripherals Buying PC !!

DevinWolf said:
AM3/DDR3 6gb or 12gb and a phenom II x4 955.

6 GB is absolute overkill and X4 955 is BE and not needed for general purpose.

@OP: I agree with SidhuPunjab's config.. except i would prefer to get a better board like M4A78T-E for around 10k or MSI 790gx-g65 for 8.5k and 2X2 gigs of Corsair xm3 for arnd 6k, run on onboard till 4770 becomes available and then buy and plug it in. would make it more future proof.
you can also get the Biostar TA790GXB A3+, will be cheaper.but the above two are a lot better boards.

sabby said:
Today morning while turning on the system, mobo temp was 21C, normally it is near 26C, Is it too hot in your opinion ?

may be ur room temp is too low !!

as considering to gigabyte & Asus boards biostar is bit hot !!

Yup 6GB of DDR3 is not required... sometime back toms hardware conducted a test and if the performance of 12GB kit is 100% then the of the 6GB is ~99.6% and that of 3GB is 99.25%.... So for .3% performance that too wont show up in anything we use its a sheer waste of money.....

Damngoodman666 said:
may be ur room temp is too low !!

as considering to gigabyte & Asus boards biostar is bit hot !!

Well, I don't have AC and I live in Kolkata. You know it is a hot place. Though its rainy season now, the max temp went upto around 30C while in extreme hot condition (38-39C). :)

^ thats not possible u kno.. hardware temperature will always be higher than ambient.. unless u r using LN2 or similar exotic cooling;)

but at the spirit of your post yes.. Biostar is not a board that is to be snuffed at for an issue like temperature. If it was it wouldnt have been recommended everywhere as the best budget board.

Asus/MSI/Gigabyte have fancy heatsinks in place, they are bound to be cooler. but that doesnt mean that the biostar is a furnace. :)

^^^ I said the temp in kolkata was 38-39C, not in my room. (My god, I would have been a part of the ashesh trophy then) Btw, My computer is in the ground floor room (non AC). And I monitored the temp using Everest. :)

SidhuPunjab said:
AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE - 5k
Biostar TA790GXB A2+ - 4.5k
Transcend 2x2GB 800MHz 2.3k
WD 640GB AAKS 3.5k
Palit Sonic GTX 260 - 11k
Corsair VX450 3.8k
CM 690 4.5k
Benq 24" G2412HD 12k
Altec Lansing VS4121 3k

Total 49k~

HD 4770 is best suited, very low power consumption, great for occassional gaming, approx 4k savings, go for better case like HAF 922.

+1 for this rig, and ya HD4770 is best suited in this case, but a Zebby low priced cabby like Antibiotic will be enough.

Back