PC Peripherals Buying this rig : impossible in pune?

kalesh

Disciple
Hi,

Its been over a week, called like 10 shops and noone seems really interested in this rig. Even DCC (data care corporation) said they dont have all the products.

CPU - E8400
Motherboard - Asus P5N -E-SLI
Graphics Card - EVGA/Asus 8800GT 512MB/9600GT
RAM - Kingston 2gb/3-3-3-10
Cabinet - Antec 900 Gaming Chassis/Cooler Master CM690
PSU - Cooler Master 600W
Monitor : Some 20'' LCD By Dell @ 11k

So if anyone can help me out here that would be great.
thx.

Contact the dealers here on TE (Phoenix, KMD, Rahul). They might be of help in getting all that stuff. Some of the stuff u want is in the Dealers section. There's great GOs going on for Dell LCDs too in the hot deals section.

Look around the forum and u'll get all answers to ur probs.

well,

heres wat u need:

CPU/MOBO- almost everyplace.

RAM - most cary transcend, shud b good enuf.

Coolermaster cabby/PSU : try AMI enterprises, bajirao road (rupam is apollyons dealer) but hes the distri n ll have only these 2 things.

Rest of the stuff : try computer plazo/karan solutions East street. PM me n i ll give u a reference.

Also, try mahi comp on east street for prices alone, near burger king. his prices are ok. get low prices from him n then get karan to better those :eek:hyeah:

Cabby u might have to wait for stock. else ask karan to source everything from AMI, that way u can pick it all up, but price he ll put his cut on top too (thats if AMI gives u a discount ;), else its the same)

PSU: i recommend the corsair 450 instead of the coolermaster, again AMI.

Monitor: Dells not in shops in pune...yet. use the TE hot deals section or get something like LG/Samsung from the dealers.

kk..thanks everyone.. already msgd apollyon waiting for his reply.

@techie_007: Kinda new to pune.. like 7 months, so dont know a great deal about places here. So no idea AMI, East Street and bajirao..

can pm me some phone numbers? that would be great.

also dont have much time.. since work is tough. to travel .. get the items from 5 diff places and then assemble at home..

thx again... for blazing fast replies and suggestions.....

Also i forgot: GPU: forget ASUS/EVGA. locally u can source XFX/Gigabyte/Galaxy from AMI.

AMI enterprises: apo will have the number. its on kumar arcade, behind tele exchange, bajirao road, near tilak road/laxmi road area.

East street: the street running parallel to MG road :p ask anyone for burger king. Once there, u can ask for karan solutions (near ICICI ATM) n mahi comp (50 m from burger king ;))

If u want everything together from one place: i recommend karan solns simply cos i have known him a long time :p mahis rates are good but somehow he always quotes pretty high rates n i have to beat him down to a sensible price ;) why shudnt i goto a dealer who gives me good rates the first time :D

PMing u karan solns phone number.

heres wat i just got:

CPU - E8400 - 8800

Motherboard - Asus P5N -E-SLI - will ask

Graphics Card - EVGA/Asus 8800GT 512MB/9600GT N/A

Apo can get the gigabyte 8800GT for 11.2k from AMI :D go for it ;)

RAM - Kingston 2gb/3-3-3-10 - transcend - 950 X 2 - 2 X 1gb sticks

Cabinet - Antec 900 Gaming Chassis/Cooler Master CM690 - will ask

PSU - Cooler Master 600W - will ask - POV black diamond 500 W is good around 2.6k.

Monitor : Some 20'' LCD By Dell @ 11k -

19" LG - Rs 9300 - model 1943wt - with DVI

250Gb SATA seagate 2325

dvd writer SAMSUNG 1100

This is stuff he had immediately. rest he ll check up n get prices by tomorrow. me goin outta town so u ll have to call him up n ask. give him my reference. u might have to bug him a bit ;)

all of them do. all u need to do is ask specifically for it. the dealer will prob have to get it from somewhere at the max but its available :)

kalesh said:
Hi,

Its been over a week, called like 10 shops and noone seems really interested in this rig. Even DCC (data care corporation) said they dont have all the products.

CPU - E8400
Motherboard - Asus P5N -E-SLI
Graphics Card - EVGA/Asus 8800GT 512MB/9600GT
RAM - Kingston 2gb/3-3-3-10
Cabinet - Antec 900 Gaming Chassis/Cooler Master CM690
PSU - Cooler Master 600W
Monitor : Some 20'' LCD By Dell @ 11k

So if anyone can help me out here that would be great.
thx.

Did you try Sujata Computers ?

Sujata Computers Private Limited 66/2 Guruchhaya Apartments, Karve Road, Nal Stop , Pune.

I too got advice from apollyon and techie_007 :) and I posted this thread: http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/dealers-assemblers-in-pune-103713.html got some numbers but disappointed with their response too.

@techie_007: Where are you getting the POV BD 500w? I am thinking of getting the Corsair vx450 which is over 1k more, but it has that single rail thing.

Right now I am planning to get most of my parts from an assembler on East St. called "ESCO" he charges a couple of hundred bucks extra per item but it is okay with me since I also do not want to travel around purchasing stuff and if I need warranty replacements he will do it for me (I hope :)).

@kalesh: Even I'm not getting the exact parts I want, so settling for alternate models, for example I wanted to get the MSI 8800GT/512 with the Abit IP35E but they seem out of stock, so probably will go for Intel's DP35DP mobo with a Q6600 CPU or a GigaByte GA-P35-DS3L mobo if I can get that.

I will have to go to apollyon's dealer for the GigaByte 8800 and PSU since my assembler wants to charge me 2k more for an XFX and 5k for a VIP 600w PSU!

I had wanted to make the purchase 2 weeks ago, but with the lack of parts and the delays, its now close to the Apr 20th date when intel is supposedly going to cut 65nm CPU prices, so now I'm trying to curb my impatience for 2 more painful weeks at least... but it's hard! :eek:hyeah:

If you want a 20 or 22 inch LCD you could just get one locally (LG or ViewSonic) in Pune from one of the electronic stores like Croma or Dass, or one of the stores on Tilak Rd.

I got the 24 inch Dell E248WFP from dingemini312 from his GO in the "Hot Deals" section which was a great buy, there are deals still going on there at the moment so you can take a look...

edit: I had also posted this thread earlier: http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/how-is-this-rig-config-107961.html

I think il be getting GPU and PSU ( maybe... he quoted 3.9k for 450watt corsair) from rupam@AMI.

GPU(Gigabyte 8800 one) he quoted me at 11.2k .. told that it would be available on tuesday.

@Sujata : I asked him about kingston Hyperx KHX.. Something.. 3-3-3-10 800mhz.. was expecting about 5.5k (I think its more like 5.2k).. for 2gb.. he quoted me a whopping 7k on the phone....that was it.. but it was good to hear atleast he can get that..

Here is what current status is right now ...

CPU - E8400 - | @8.8k | Rahul@Karan Solution
Motherboard - MSI P7N Platinum | 10k | ?????
Graphics Card - Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB | 11.2k | Rupam@AMI
RAM - KHX6400D2UL/1G 1gb ddr2 800mhz 3-3-3-10 | 2.6k | ?????
else some good corsair one.
Cabinet - Antec 900 Gaming Chassis/Cooler Master CM690 | 7.6k??/4.3k?|?

PSU - Corsair 450W | 3.6k | @AMI Maybe
Monitor : some 19"-20" LCD | 10k | will find.

rupam@AMI is selling POV BD 500W @2.6K I guess.. if I remember from what he told me on phone..

@Vishalrao: 450W Corsair is more than enough for a decent rig.. even enough for my rig with Dual SLI 8800.. I just need 436W for SLI Setup for the above mentioned setup.

Dont think il get the exact parts..and il definetly wont compromise on anything.

Hey vishal do me a favor.. if you visit your assembler ESCO anytime soon.. just ask him about MSI P7N Platinum Mobo and CoolerMaster/Antec cabbys.
These are the two things I am finding really difficult to get (Cabbys seem impossible)... got a tough time ahead @ job till April 15 so cant look around personally..

Also ACER Just announced 8920 Laptops (18" LCD ..512mb NVidia 9500 chipset graphics.. shared GPU memory can go upto 1.5k I think..).
This will go for around 79k ..( from internet sources) . Seems an interesting deal.. not as powerfull as a desktop but.. powerfull enough.

Maybe we can both travel to bombay sometime.. lol.. not a bad idea after all.. I just need to know what all service centres are available in pune..
just 1 day and its all over.

ESCO only has Intel and Asus mobos I believe, I am most likely getting the Intel DP35DP mobo, unless I can get a GigaByte mobo before that.

I too am getting the GB 8800 and vx450 at same prices from the same place :)

Travel to Bombay? I was thinking of travelling abroad (Dubai etc) to get parts after such disappointing results in Pune :D

well hope u guys are happier now :p

u can usually get wat u need...only thing is there is no single guy havin everything ;) so bit of travellin might be in order. but then u shud at least b ready to do 1 days runnin around for a rig :D

+ theres always KMD/phoenix etc for stuff :)

As to payin a guy extra for gettin everyting, :no: not for me ;)

Back