Buying unlocked iPhone 4 from US ?? Need Suggestions

raksrules

Elite
I may be buying an iPhone 4 for my wife. iPhone 4S is not an option since i don't think i will get a FU and even if i get it will be costly. I want a factory unlocked on so that i don't have to worry about unlocking and genvy sim and all those things.
Also need to ensure that GPS / GPRS / 3G etc should work.
Is there any point buying it from USA and does anyone know of any reliable online stores to buy for cheaper price ?
I see prices all of 500-800 USD.
PS: I am not even sure whether i will buy but i want to explore this option and if i do get for a good price i would take the plunge :)

Apple no longer sells 16GB / 32GB iphone 4 in the US.You can buy the 8 GB FU for $549+ taxes direct from apple online store.Want cheaper best bet is buying from TE market. IIRC there is a iphone4 16 GB hardly used selling for about 25K in market which is a pretty good deal.

I know ur in US but finding some one to get it from India shouldn't be that difficult.

Quoting my previous post which was a response to Aces' query:

Get the unlocked iP 4 8Gb for 549USD inclusive of free shipping from Apple Store online:

iPhone 4 - Buy iPhone 4 for AT&T and Verizon - Free shipping - Apple Store (U.S.)

167714e8bfe5964829.jpg

There are no FU iP 4S at the moment.

Dudeeeeeeeeeee....!! Wrong time to buy an iPhone 4... Once u have the iPhone 4S hitting the stores you will be able to pick up the iPhone 4 at throw away prices. Wait for a month if you can. i would suggest picking one up from Ebay or craigslist. Much cheaper and you can check the peie before u buy.. saves you a lot of cash...

You can indeed buy iPhone 4 by stepping into ATT stores in Plano or nearby. It will be locked to ATT and you need to be an ATT customer anyway to use it. But since it is not worth it to sign a contract with ATT, why not just look for used one outside. If you buy from ATT it is $99 for iPhone 4 16gb and $199 for iPhone 4 32gb with contract.

You can get an iPhone 4 outside used anywhere from $350 (Used) to $500 (New) depending on its condition. Buying from India you will be spending 20k to 25k which comes around $408 to $510 anyways. So why buy it and go through the hassle of shipping it here.

Where you live in Plano or even in Dallas/Fort worth area, I am pretty sure you can get a good deal on iPhone 4 for even less. Waiting is also better like others have advised because with the release of iPhone 4S you can find better deals on iPhone 4.

raksrules said:
I may be buying an iPhone 4 for my wife. iPhone 4S is not an option since i don't think i will get a FU and even if i get it will be costly. I want a factory unlocked on so that i don't have to worry about unlocking and genvy sim and all those things.

Also need to ensure that GPS / GPRS / 3G etc should work.

Is there any point buying it from USA and does anyone know of any reliable online stores to buy for cheaper price ?

I see prices all of 500-800 USD.

PS: I am not even sure whether i will buy but i want to explore this option and if i do get for a good price i would take the plunge :)

Get the iphone 4S 16GB factory unlocked from apple.com at $649+taxes.

RS4 said:
Get the iphone 4S 16GB factory unlocked from apple.com at $649+taxes.

Where is this price mentioned??

Also will it happen that the price of 4S will be 649 + taxes when launched and will go down after its release ? Something which usually happens with other company phones.

^^ I am certain that there is no such thing as price drop for Apple. iPhone is not like other company phones. Its price will nearly stay the same till its DOA. Example: Look at iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, it is still priced at $379.99 and $499.99 + taxes respectively, here in US. But like RS4 has mentioned, it is worth it to get that considering you might be spending only hundred bucks more. Might well as invest on something that is revolutionary now.

You can always test the used market for iPhone 4 and then compare with iPhone 4S price. Then you can take a plunge :)

raksrules said:
Where is this price mentioned??

Also will it happen that the price of 4S will be 649 + taxes when launched and will go down after its release ? Something which usually happens with other company phones.

Its mentioned on apple.com, here is the link, choose the color=>capacity=>Get the iphone unlocked: iPhone 4S - Apple Store (U.S.)

It makes sense to spend $650 on iphone 4S 16GB than spending $550 on iphone 4 8GB and these prices will remain same till next iphone launch.

^^Yes that is very much true and from what you all are saying i cannot expect the price of the unlocked 4S to fall below this for good amount of time.

But then what about jail breaking and everything ?

I dont want to land up an iphone without cydia etc, whatever is it related to jailbreaking.

Back