Buying unlocked iPhone 4 from US ?? Need Suggestions

raksrules

Elite
I may be buying an iPhone 4 for my wife. iPhone 4S is not an option since i don't think i will get a FU and even if i get it will be costly. I want a factory unlocked on so that i don't have to worry about unlocking and genvy sim and all those things.
Also need to ensure that GPS / GPRS / 3G etc should work.
Is there any point buying it from USA and does anyone know of any reliable online stores to buy for cheaper price ?
I see prices all of 500-800 USD.
PS: I am not even sure whether i will buy but i want to explore this option and if i do get for a good price i would take the plunge :)

Need to know which At&t locked iphone4 can be unlocked and jailbroken easily without using any sort of genvey sim or something?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

also in case gevey sim is the only option then is to also possible jailbreak the iphone ?

and is gevey sim working with ios5 ?

Can anyone help me as to how do i identify, before buying an iPhone4 from here in US, that it is unlockable (through gevey SIM or whatever) and is also jailbreakable ? I do not want to end up with a brick after i buy it and realize that i cannot unlock it / jailbreak it ??

Ok Mods...Kill this thread. Buying unlocked (gevey SIM) iphone 4 is a mess and 4S FU would require me to break the bank. Moreover this phone is for my wife who would not care if camera is 1/3/5/8 Mpx, what iOS version or nothing.

I think i will go for the iPhone 3GS as it seems to be in reach. Will open another thread for the same.

raksrules said:
IIRC there is someone on TE who sells iPhone 4 FU right (not as a seller in market section but a new box packed piece) ?? What is the least price for a FU Iphone 4 16GB in India ?

you are looking for TE member Rampage.

What is the good price to pay for an used locked ATT Iphone 4 (not 4S) with iOS 5 but the baseband preserved to 1.59.00 which is guess is software unlockable ??

Getting something off ebay and the seller is near my work place so asking.

He has listed it as auction, so i asked him what is the max price he is expecting and he quoted 400$ but gave me an option to put forth an offer. I guess that if he get 400$ through auction, ebay takes away 9% of his sale, so here like 40$ is something he will have to pay ebay.

How much can i quote for this ?

Additionally i have seen that the average price at which a good condition used iPhone 4 ATT locked goes on ebay is 320-370 USD.

Is this a good price to pay for the used iPhone 4 ATT Locked ?

Also, can a iPhone 4 that has been updated to iOS 5, be unlocked using Gevey SIM ??

Just want to confirm this before i bid on any of the ebay offers on the iPhone, many people there have updated theirs to iOS 5.

Also i have been following the bids on ebay for the iPhone 4 used and i see that they are going for max 350 USD (unless someone has overpriced it).

So max 350$ is a good price to pay for the iPhone 4 (even if it is locked to ATT and updated to iOS 5 and i hop it is gevey sim unlockable)

Also i found on net that the baseband 04.11.08 is still not unlockable via Gevey SIM, so i am expecting that all these iOS 5 updated iPhone 4 must have got their updated baseband which makes it useless for me ?

Requesting people to guide this poor soul who wants to gift his wife an iPhone for her upcoming Birthday :p :ashamed:

Finally got the iPhone 4 for 325 USD. Condition is great and i could not see any scratches or so. Got an otterbox too and all accessories are available. I am new to iPhone so have not played around and cannot do so at home else my wife will know (its a gift for her). Need to get unlocking etc sorted before i do anything else. Will post my queries in the dedicated iPhone thread.

raksrules said:
Finally got the iPhone 4 for 325 USD. Condition is great and i could not see any scratches or so. Got an otterbox too and all accessories are available. I am new to iPhone so have not played around and cannot do so at home else my wife will know (its a gift for her). Need to get unlocking etc sorted before i do anything else. Will post my queries in the dedicated iPhone thread.

Finally you were able to get a good piece at nice price, Congrats :)

Back