Bwtorrents Interface gone for a Toss ???

raksrules

Elite
I am using BWT since morning but it seems the site Interface and everything is gone for a toss. Is it only for me or for everyone ?? I tried using multiple browsers but result is same. :S

Its a shame really. Especially when we take into account that they raise close to 1200$ every month in the name of site expenses.

I think they are finally making that "upgrade to new look" that they had been advertising.

[OT]I have just one qualm against that forum. They almost beg for donations. The way they were asking for money for that upgrade, and how they do it every month? Sheeesh![/OT]

MAGNeT said:
How much was your contribution?:)

I used to donate every few months, but stopped after seeing that they are not placing a limit on the number of members. New people were just coming in and stressing the current hardware, and they keep begging for money to get new hardware.

Worst is the fact that you donate and the damn popup reminder keeps popping up nonetheless!

OT: I am really not a fan of BwTorrents. I got kicked out twice and that too because of different reasons. The first time I realized that the file that I had kept for seeding was not being uploaded so I turned to Desitorrents for future downloads - Result - kicked out as account was inactive for a long time. The second time I had a low ratio .24 and their acceptable ratio is .25 - when I saw their low ratio warning I set the upload limit to full '0' in utorrent but as usual no one was leeching from me and I was banned again. The only way to get my accounts back is through donations. I don't know if this is a ploy to get donations or I download the wrong files that no one else wants?

prabs said:
OT: I am really not a fan of BwTorrents. I got kicked out twice and that too because of different reasons. The first time I realized that the file that I had kept for seeding was not being uploaded so I turned to Desitorrents for future downloads - Result - kicked out as account was inactive for a long time. The second time I had a low ratio .24 and their acceptable ratio is .25 - when I saw their low ratio warning I set the upload limit to full '0' in utorrent but as usual no one was leeching from me and I was banned again. The only way to get my accounts back is through donations. I don't know if this is a ploy to get donations or I download the wrong files that no one else wants?

Prabs it would be better if u seed tv shows there rather than songs/movie...

Even i after being kicked out earlier was granted an inviation by raks i guess.

And my ratio was on toss...reached 0.15 and was unhappy that even though it used to show peers with 0% they were not uploading..

Later i downloaded byomkesh bakshi detective serial and have uploaded it so much that the particular file is on ratio 32 for me and my ratio reached from 0.15 to 2.13...right now 1.55 plus upload also surpassed 4 gb mark .Now no waiting for me
SOrry to the chap who used to donate .i better suggest u migrate to others too as backup

@Prabs

As Magnet suggested, TV shows is a better option as they are freeleech so you do not have to worry about downloading them. Same goes for Music, documentary torrents.

So it is actually very easy to build ratio on BWT as almost everything except movies is ratiofree.

Ya even i like free stuff..

But when someone ask me give me this for free i say u dont get poison for free than why this..lolzz...rules changes as balls changes the court lolzzzzzzz

Announcement: Our static server is currently offline, we are in the process of rectifying the problem. In the meantime we have temporarily decided to switch to this style, this is not a new style so dont create 101 threads!

Note: Tracker is working fine, ratios will be updated correctly

Patience is all it takes .

Thanks for the advice guys but I ain't ever going back to bwtorrents. I recently created an id at idesir and have had a single account at desitorrents for a while. Both ids are in the green zone.

I would also like to sincerely apologize to twisted_mind as he had given me an invite when I lost my account at BWT the first time due to no activity over a period of time.

Back