Bye Bye Symbian. Welcome Android..!

St.John

Disciple
So, I had been contemplating on my next mobile phone purchase, I being used to Nokia's mid-end phones (N79, E52 lot..) for their decent battery life and good call quality. Android had been the general hoopla around, I decided what the heck, lemme try one of these...

My pre-conditions were:

1) Build quality.
2) Decent battery life, one of the reasons i stayed away from touchscreens was the dismal battery life.
3) Decent music player.
4) Don't really care about the phone's camera but should be decent enough for Facebook pics...
Went looking, and this particular phone fit the bill...

Here is the splurge...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First impressions & my mini review as a Android no-ob.

Good

a) The body is mainly plastic with some sort of rubber coating. Keeps the dust and finger prints away. Good.
b) Screen is Corning Gorilla Glass, capacitative touchscreen,854 by 480 pixels. Sharp, not as bright and sprightly as the Samsung OLED counterparts but better in daylight.
c) All the openings for USB, 3.5 mm jack have covers. Nice touch, makes the phone water resistant but also keeps the dust out.
d) 5 MP camera with AF, LED flash. Video @ 640 by 480 at 29 fps.
e) 2 GB internal memory is a nice touch. 512 MB RAM at disposal. 2 GB card free.
f) MotoBlur has had mixed reviews, some like it some don't. The one that I brought doesn't come with MotoBlur.
g) Interface is fast, absolutely no lag anywhere. I won't say buttery smooth as the Nexus S but good enough. I guess the OMAP 3610+SGX 540 is a good combination.
h) Wifi b/g/n
i) web-connected audio player can get the lyrics of the song that you are listening to real time.
j) I don't surf much on the mobile, but like to listen to music while traveling. The phone gave me about 1.5 days on a full charge, not impressed but I think the battery life will improve after a couple of charge-discharge cycles.
Bad

a) Android 2.1 (will be updated to Froyo in 2Q11)
b) No physical camera key.
c) No DivX support out of the box.
d) Camera should have had 720p recording.
e) No Front camera (though this makes no difference to me, but it is a feature that a 18k should have)..

That's about it.. Thanks for seeing...

Congrats .... Yesterday I almost bought Motorola Defy as I had the money but then I went on to buy the LG Optimus One. The price was 12.6k; I asked them to throw me a SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Card & roundabout the price to 13k & they did :) The device is awesome, my first Android. Is this your first Android too?

aercy said:
Congrats .... Yesterday I almost bought Motorola Defy as I had the money but then I went on to buy the LG Optimus One. The price was 12.6k; I asked them to throw me a SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Card & roundabout the price to 13k & they did :) The device is awesome, my first Android. Is this your first Android too?
Yes, it is... Thanks...

Android is the waY to go ,... download the free droid games , awesome collection , really a great buy i would say !!!! njoi !!!!

Back