PC Peripherals Cabinet for Sandy Bridge Rig

Casual Gamer

Disciple
Guys, i am going to build a rig with 2500k & a HD6950 within a few days. I am confused about the cabinet for that rig. my budget is 6,000 rupess(strictly). I would take the NZXT Tempest Evo eyes closed. But I will buy the PC from Kolkata where NZXT isn't available. I am an extreme overclocker. So, I need a cabinet with good ventilation and proper cable management. The cabinet has to be with transparent side panel also. My options are:

1. Cooler master 690 II Advanced with transparent Side panel.

2. Coolermaster HAF 912.

3. Lian-Li Lancool Dragon lord K62

Now please tell me which one is better among these. If you have any personal suggestion other than these within my budget then mention. remember my requirements are good airflow, very good cable management and transparent side window. The cabinet should also accomodate the big coolers like Venomous X and D-14.

neither of the cabinets you have listed and also the tempest evo comes with proper cable routing. yes all of them have gromets for hiding cables behind the motherboard tray but its not ideal. I would suggest you get the HAF 912 Advanced as it is well built and can take longer graphic cards than the other two. But the only catch is that you must install atleast a 12cm side intake fan to fully utilize its airflow. but on the other hand if you can increase your budget by .5k then you can get the HAF922 which has very good cable management and is big enough to take in monsters like D-14 comfortably.

I have two CM R4 120mm fans in my stock to use them with my new cabinet. But I think 922 have option to add fans which are not 120mm. So, my fans will remain unused. :(

the HAF 922 comes with 1x 200mm front intake fane, 1x 200mm top exhaust fan, 1x 140mm rear exhaust fan and there is a provision of installing 1x 120mm/140mm/200mm side panel fan. But if you go for the HAF 912 Advanced (not 912 plus) you will get a front 200mm intake fan, 1 top 200mm exhaust fan & a 120mm rear fan. You can then use your 120mm fan on the side panel to get very good airflow. You will also get a 3.5" to 2.5" SSD converter, and a front panel usb3 bracket. The only catch with the 912 is that you will have to remove one of the hard drive cages if you want to fit any graphics card longer than 10.5"

devvfata1ity said:
neither of the cabinets you have listed and also the tempest evo comes with proper cable routing. yes all of them have gromets for hiding cables behind the motherboard tray but its not ideal. I would suggest you get the HAF 912 Advanced as it is well built and can take longer graphic cards than the other two. But the only catch is that you must install atleast a 12cm side intake fan to fully utilize its airflow. but on the other hand if you can increase your budget by .5k then you can get the HAF922 which has very good cable management and is big enough to take in monsters like D-14 comfortably.
I just bought CM HAF 912 Advanced Cabinet last month for 6050/-. I found it really good, only negative point was that it did not have dust filters,
The main reason i prefered it over Tempest Evo was that it weighed only 8kgs as compared to 11.2 kgs for Tempest Evo. in 6k range tempest evo is best in features.

Casual Gamer said:
I have two CM R4 120mm fans in my stock to use them with my new cabinet. But I think 922 have option to add fans which are not 120mm. So, my fans will remain unused. :(
if u are not using the 120mm fans would you like to sell one those fans to me.?? need one for my side panel of HAF 912 adv

devvfata1ity said:
the HAF 922 comes with 1x 200mm front intake fane, 1x 200mm top exhaust fan, 1x 140mm rear exhaust fan and there is a provision of installing 1x 120mm/140mm/200mm side panel fan. But if you go for the HAF 912 Advanced (not 912 plus) you will get a front 200mm intake fan, 1 top 200mm exhaust fan & a 120mm rear fan. You can then use your 120mm fan on the side panel to get very good airflow. You will also get a 3.5" to 2.5" SSD converter, and a front panel usb3 bracket. The only catch with the 912 is that you will have to remove one of the hard drive cages if you want to fit any graphics card longer than 10.5"
i have installed 5870 in HAF 912 adv. It just fitted in. if it would have been any longer than that, i would have to remove one HDD..

Cooler master 690 II Advanced with transparent Side panel is the best bang for buck... IMO.... Rest depends upon you bro.... Spend more time on thinking but do Get a good one... Tempest evo is also the best in 6K range

chiragsthakur said:
Cooler master 690 II Advanced with transparent Side panel is the best bang for buck... IMO.... Rest depends upon you bro.... Spend more time on thinking but do Get a good one... Tempest evo is also the best in 6K range
is the 690 II Advanced as good as HAF922 in terms of cable management? I will use single 6950

Can anyone post some pics of properly managed cables in a 690 II Advanced cabinet? Then I could understand how good it is for cable management.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

No Answer?

Here is a pic for you.

Coolermaster690IIAdvance-InsideC.jpg

Back