PC Peripherals Cabinet...plz help..

i ve been looking at these two options ::

Cooler Master Elite 330 (2.9K) + Cooler Master eXtreme Power 500W (3.6K) = 6.5K

Antec Sonata III - 8.3K (comes with Antec EarthWatts 500W PSU)
Antec.com - Sonata Family

Right now i dont intend to get a CPU Cooler but maybe in future may get one..
CM 600W and Chieftech cabinets are not available here :mad:

which combo is better??

This is the config im looking at

E6750 ~ 8.7K
XFX 650i Ultra ~ 6K
2X1 GB Kingston DDR2 667MHz RAM ~ 4K
320 GB Seagate SATA HDD ~ 3.7K
XFX GeForce 8600 GT ~ 7.5K
Sony DVD writer ~ 1.75K
Viewsonic VX1932wm ~ 11.5K
2.1 Speakers
Logitech Keyboard+Mouse combo ~ 0.725K

will my above config be supported by a 500W PSU, ill also get 2X120mm fans for the cabinet

This will be my first Assembled PC ever so if anyone can suggest me some reliable dealer in Chennai...:)

i guess we have 90% same config. cabby i have a CM centurian 532 side glass panel with CM xtreme600w total coming to rs. 7500

jesal said:
i guess we have 90% same config. cabby i have a CM centurian 532 side glass panel with CM xtreme600w total coming to rs. 7500

could u plz gimme the price of the cabby and PSU separately??
checked out ur rig pics in the rig gallery....i think ur cabby is gr8..;)

200mph said:
u can have the chieftec shipped at like 150 bucks if you want , i got mine that ways!!! its big and absolute VFM .

well i would really love the chieftec cabby:) .....it was my first choice but not available here:( ...could u plz gimme more details on how to get the chieftec cabby shipped?? and also how much does it cost??

well if not the chieftec cabby, how bout the antec sonata III and the powersupply @ 8.3K

which is a better quality PSU,

CM 500W or Antec EarthWatts 500W PSU??

hey lost

Try the Cooler Master Elite 330 (2.9K) + Cooler Master eXtreme Power 600W (3.6K) = 6.5K combo, the PSU is morethan enough for ur computer.

getting an Antec Sonata is Really not advisable, Antecs are Grossly overpriced in india.

i read that CM elite 330 has a real thin chassis and also wont fit good cpu coolers....i may overclock sometime latr about a yr and a half or so..:p

i thought that the antec was a good deal coz of the PSU....well i thought the antec PSUs are better quality than CM...plz correct me if im wrong...:)

btw the price of Antec Sonata III is frm THE IT DEPOT...is that shop overpriced??

well lol i got a price for an overpriced item frm a overpriced shop...:D

and btw @ memnom

im getting only the CM500W psw here...:(

can nyone tell me the average price of centurion 532??

centurion 532 with transparent side panel is for about 4.3k (w/o PSU) at theitwares.com (bombay) for chennai you can give or take a few hundred.

@200mph

thanx..:D:D:D:D

now jut one question remains....

any good reliable stores in Chennai frm where i can get my stuff??..:)

hopefully will try and get it by September first week..:D

For Chieftec cabbies contact Arihant in Mumbai (refer to Master Hardware Contacts List). Mr. Abhishek Jain.

Just bought the BH02-BBB. HUUUGE. Well built. Probably the last cabinet you'll ever NEED (want is a different thing :p)..

3700 + 200 for shipping (mumbai to pune) or 3250 for same cabinet without fans. BTW, the fans that come with it are pretty weak, so you may consider cabby w/o fans.

Well now that both imogen and 200mph have the Chieftec and are satisfied with it, i am thinking strongly on going for it too....now all i need to do is convince my dad for the cabinet...:mad:

One more question tho...:p

Plz dont flame coz this might be a really n00b question...:)

Is it possible that i connect some the fans and LEDs (i.e. if i get any :p) directly to an external power supply and not through the PSU??

Just my two bit.

I don't think the paint job and finish on the Chieftec is anyway close to that on Coolermaster or Antec. Yes its spacious and nice, but if you live near the sea, i think after a year, its not going to look very nice.

lostinthought said:
could u plz gimme the price of the cabby and PSU separately??
checked out ur rig pics in the rig gallery....i think ur cabby is gr8..;)

i like it, it might not be the best though. 4000 for cabby and 3500 for psu. real price is 4500 of the cabby though...

i think the antec should be higher on your list since the psu is a seasonic oem. otherwise i would only get the coolermaster 600w which is a seventeam psu. its available in delta afaik in chennai.

about the cm 500w not sure who the oem is

lostinthought said:
i ve been looking at these two options ::

Cooler Master Elite 330 (2.9K) + Cooler Master eXtreme Power 500W (3.6K) = 6.5K

Antec Sonata III - 8.3K (comes with Antec EarthWatts 500W PSU)
Antec.com - Sonata Family

Right now i dont intend to get a CPU Cooler but maybe in future may get one..
CM 600W and Chieftech cabinets are not available here :mad:

which combo is better??

This is the config im looking at

E6750 ~ 8.7K
XFX 650i Ultra ~ 6K
2X1 GB Kingston DDR2 667MHz RAM ~ 4K
320 GB Seagate SATA HDD ~ 3.7K
XFX GeForce 8600 GT ~ 7.5K
Sony DVD writer ~ 1.75K
Viewsonic VX1932wm ~ 11.5K
2.1 Speakers
Logitech Keyboard+Mouse combo ~ 0.725K

will my above config be supported by a 500W PSU, ill also get 2X120mm fans for the cabinet

This will be my first Assembled PC ever so if anyone can suggest me some reliable dealer in Chennai...:)

Cheiftec+CM600 ftw:hap2: Try to get these two at first priority, theyre the best VFM.

U can get better prices for the stuff tho, this is approx what they should be

E6750 ~ 8.3K
XFX 650i Ultra ~ 5.2K
2X1 GB Kingston DDR2 667MHz RAM ~ 3.6k
320 GB Seagate SATA HDD ~ 3.4K
XFX GeForce 8600 GT ~ 6.5K
Sony DVD writer ~ 1.5K
Viewsonic VX1932wm ~ 10.8k

+4% of course

first of all, i would like to thank all u guys for helping me out..:D:D:D

well im kinda set on Chieftec+cm 500w or 600w (which ever is available)

my other question...:p

Plz dont flame coz this might be a really n00b question...:)

Is it possible that i connect some the fans and LEDs (i.e. if i get any :p) directly to an external power supply and not through the PSU??

Back