PC Peripherals Cabinet query.

I have decide to buy Zebronics Jamaica cabby..........but there is one query. It has an option for side mounting the HDD, so will there be a problem putting on the side panel after installation of hdd? Since this cabby is similar to Silverstone TJ-05 and in one of its review this problem was mentioned. They had to use L-shaped SATA connectors. And L-shaped SATA connector is not available at my place.
This is my only query.

Also My budget is 5k......so any other suggesstion.

there are quite a few peeps here using that cabby and so far no one has complained about that

Yes I know it and that's why I am asking for your feedback. If it's not an issue then I might as well get this cabby.
So if someone using this cabby could reply, it would be helpful.

@zhopudey
So just have to be careful while installing or some other option is also available. Maybe some could suggest some other cabby like Jamaica within my budget which doesnot have this problem. I also looked at few chieftec chassis. Don't think Chieftec chassis are available in kolkata. Some contact info on chieftec, in Kolkata.

Ok will try to find these L-shaped cables. I think the cabby maker should sort out these little problems before bringing the product to the market.

I cannot get you the photos of the internals of Jamaica as I do not have a camera with me right now, but check out the reviews of Silverstone Temjin 5.

Zebronics Jamaica, Tower, VIP ZB-01 and some other cabinets available outside India share the same interior design to the last details. The only difference is in the exterior like the front and the top.

</title> </head> <html> <head> <title>OverClock Intelligence Agency: OverClocking the World, one PC at a time!

Techware Labs - Reviews - SilverStone SST-TJ05 Temjin 5

AnandTech: SilverStone Technology Temjin 5

As for the Side HDD tray, It would be better if you can get your hands on the L shaped SATA connectors. I got 2 of these with my P5W DH. Even otherwise, the side panel will close , but you should take some care that the cables do not get bent. In my case, the side panel always remains open, so no problem.

@Lord Nemesis
Thanks for the feedback.....I did read the review of Silverstone TJ-05 and then had this query. Will try and get the cables. BTW, any other suggestion in this range.

I got mine for 3.2k (without PSU) in May 2006. With Zebronics 500W PSU, the cost was 4.9k. So that 5.4k price is absolutely ridiculous.

Phew............had to search a lot and the lowest qoute for JAMAICA stands at Rs.4000 + vat (without PSU) but no trace of the SATA cable. Most of them even don't know that the L-shaped SATA cable exists.
Would buy the cabby on monday, so still have got some time to search.

below 6k you have only 8 choices:

VIP ZB01/ZB01B (Without PSU)

Chieftec BH-02-B-B-B (Without PSU)

Chieftec LBX-02-B-B-B (Without PSU)

Chieftec CA-02-B-B-B (Without PSU)

Antec Titan550 (Without PSU)

Zebronics Jamaica (Without PSU)

Zebronics Tower (Without PSU)

Zebronics Rock (Without PSU)

buy no other cabinet except those as no other cabinets can fit a 13inch Graphics Card

if budget is 6k+ then you have 2 choices

CM Stacker 810 = 10.5k in Kolkata

CM Stacker 830 = 15k in Kolkata

for Chieftec Cabinets contact:

Arihant informatique Pvt. Ltd.

Tel: (022) 2382 2424

Fax: (022) 2389 1815

E-mail: abhishek@arihant.net.in

Arihant Computers - A Regale Inc. creation. Hosted by Webzworld

Back