PC Peripherals Cabinet + SMPS suggestions plz.........

uknowme007

Disciple
Hi All,

Rite now I'm usin a local Cabinet and an ADCOM SMPS. :ashamed: The voltage usage these days are as follows : 12 v line = 12.672 v, 5v line = 4.784v, 3.3v line = 3.248v and Vcore = 1.68 v .

But during gaming this is : 12v line = 12.928v, 5v line = 4.703 and 3.3v line = 3.12v and Core = 1.696v. :O

Somehow I feel this cud be the problem thts lead to probs like sound crackin durin gaming and gud quality cd playing and lowered sys performance of sorts ! :huh:

My sys config is :

AMD XP 2600+ Barton Core (with 333Mhz FSB),
Asus A7N8X-X,
512 MB Kingston K DDR with 333Mhz FSB,
Asus V9520 Magic AGP graphics card with Geforce FX 5200 128 MB,
Samsung dvd drive,
Samsung cd writer,
Samsung 40 gb HDD with 5200 rpm,
Sony floppy drive,
I ball mouse,
I key keyboard,
Usb Canon printer,
Canon scanner,
Logitech webcam,
Mercury 4.1 speakers with 1980 watts,
Ethernet based net connection,
Guess thts all, do ask me if u want to know sumthing else too !

My doubts started after readin the april 2005 CHIP'S page 72 Power to the PC article.
I feel my SMPS+Cabinet is not upto the mark.
I dont know how to measure the ampere consumptions of the components as every manula doesnt say nething abt it. And the author didnt mention it either.
Ther is a bit of heatin prob too but its better now as i have 3 fans installed with 1 for inflow 1 for circulation inside and 1 for exhaust !

I want to know whats a gud SMSP+ CABINET for my system in a range of 2000-2700 bucks of Indian currency !

PLZ DO SUGGESY SUMTHINGS !

I dont have enough points to assign as i still have a lot more questions so plz bear with me !!!

Thanx for all of U ! :clap:

i think you can get an antec (slk1600) with a 300w smps for about 2.5-3k which should be good enough for your rig :cool2:

Hey Bottle,
Thnx for tht ! U mean to say i can get the SMPS and CABINET for 2,5-3k. Both of them together ? ANd if possible cud u tell me if there are dealers for Antec in Kochi. I tried askin them at the site a couple of days back and havent recieved any reply !

Id recommend a powersafe 400W for 1450 and any generic case with space for front+rear fans..zebronics or ibox 'grabit' are spacious.

Hey Memory,
Thnx for tht !

How the heck can u use or get the req performance of ddr 400 with athlon xp 2600 ? Its got only 333Mhz FSB, Dont u thnk 333fsb wud perform better ? Coz of the latency and co stuff ?

and which smps and cab do u use personally ?

i havent heard too many gud stuffs abt powersafe ?

Can u tell me its dealers in Kochi plz ?

Tnx ...

powersafe is good as well but i'm not sure about the dealer info. if you're interested in antec you can send an e mail here to itdepot info@theitdepot.com. a few members here have ordered online this way

Thx bottle bhai !

I did mail tht id and asked for a dealer info at KOCHI aka COCHIN. It was 2-3 days back ! Havent got ne sorta reply yet ! I dont mind orederin online and gettin it by courier but wat happens to after sales service ?

Ne ideas abt tht ?

Tnx again matez....Ur all helping .....

i dont think you ll have problems with the case but for power supply maybe you can courier it back to them should any issue arise (such issues are pretty rare with antecs though :cool2:

Kewl idea...Let me see if its possible to do tht......Wat cud be the charges of courier tho ?

uknowme007 posted 0.65 minutes later:

And wats the second best after antec....only the second best plz matez......

if ur from bbay maybe i can get u the slk1650 with air duct for cheap, with the 350w antec psu. market rate is 3500rs, but 1 of my clanmate still hasnt sold it cause he was planning to upgrade his pc which he still hasnt. ill ask him n see if he will sell it. we had sold it before for 2500rs to prime, 3 cabinets i think. so if u buy from prime u will prolly get the same 1 i sold to him for 3500.

PLz tell me the second best after Antec matez....coz in Cochin/Kochi ther seems to be NO Antec dealer and thts reall baaaaaaaaaad !!!!!

Second Best plz
?

Get any maamul case and a Powersafe 400W. Mkae sure the maamul case has 1 intake and 1 exhaust fans...

There is a front intake below the Floppy Drive.
There are loads of fans check for 120mm Low Db & High CFM fans.
Also check the cabby u purchase has holes to connect a 120mm fan.

Antec SLK 3700BQE/AMB have 120mm Front[Optional] & Rear Fans.
But that case costs a bomb 4250 with Antec Smart Power 350W PSU.

Check this thread for info on loads of fans
Best Fan for use with ThermalRight XP90C
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&t=3632

120mm fans available in India
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3699

uknowme007 said:
where exactly wud u suggest an intake fan placement in the canbinet ? and do u have ne brand suggestions other than antec.....?
other than antec get any of the cases available in the market. get the vip server cabby its pretty good.

intake fans should always be in the front with exhaust at the back and top. side fans are not of much use really

Hey All..

Hop U all read this !

I enquired my local Antec dealer and he is tryin to make me buy a Smart Power and say True Power is for server systems. :huh:

But I prefer True Power since it has got dedicated power rails for the 3 diff voltage lines... :cool2:

So what do u guys think ?

T C ..... :)

If u have the dough, then get the True Power, no matter what ur dealer says :D.. else even the smart power series are good enough

Hey Mask mate....

Thnx again .... If I go for true power I may have drop the idea of going for the Antec cabinet !

He said only the Antec Cab + its SMPS gives the use of each other !

Wat do u think ?

Tnx

As Masky said if u have the money go for a True Power or else a Smart Power will be more than enuf.
Considering ur config a Smart Power will be good and you will save money also.

If you want to save more money then Powersafe 400/500W will also do

I have been using a Zebronics cabinet (the very same design as teh VIP Server chassis that bottle suggested) and a Antec TP480 without any problems :D

Bottle, Chaos, Funky, Stalkersoftware, Darklord all use Antec PSU without Antec cases :)

Back