Cable Broadband providers : Thane- 5net/Honesty/WNet

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
Hi

I stay in Thane and am trying to get a broadband connection (if cable, then good dc++ hubs)

Spoke to the provider in my area SVistanet, and they provide 5net/fivenet, Honesty and WNet.

He told me that they 5net doesnt have permission to have cables in my area, and is saying Honesty is available.
indifferent14.gif

Does anyone have any idea about it??

Any suggestions are welcome!

Regards

V

If 5net is not available, Wnet is the next best option.

Has a good HUB (not as many users as 5net, but has all the necessary stuff)

And users extend till ghatkopar(myself in ghatkopar & using Wnet for the past 3 yrs)

Crap, they could only give me "Honesty" (which they lied to me about, saying it was 5net only).

Any idea about Honesty hubs?

AND what are the router settings to be done? I cloned my MAC id, but still my router isnt working. Its only working on a direct connection to my laptop.

(i use TP-Link MR3220 )

Don't know about hubs on Honesty since I don't bother with DC++, but cloning your MAC ID isn't the only thing that needs to be done...

If you're using a dialer or 24online client when you connect the cable to your laptop, you'll need to configure the PPPoE settings on your router, which means the username/password & service name (eg user123/password123 and hnssvista or whatever has been given to you). If not, then you'll need to configure the static IP (usually some class A IP address eg 10.10.10.100). In some cases, both of these credentials are required.

If it still does not work, you may be better off getting rid of the cloned MAC, resetting it to the routers original & getting your cable operator to reset the binding.

Back