Cable connx

Rockyme2002

Skilled
Ok after long time....sme1's givin cable connx in my area now:eek:hyeah:
but am a lil confused.....

just talked to the guys on phone....nd heres wht they said....
unlimited downloads...............am happy now...

but the doubt is this.....acc. to them they hav 4 schemes...

nd am not sure if they meant KB nd kb .......nd askin them didnt solve it eithr...told me to call back in sme time :p

25 ............for Rs. 450 pm
40 ............for Rs. 520 pm
64 ............for Rs. 750 pm
140 ............for Rs. 2000 pm (nope not a typo , if thts wht ur expecting, never heard of it eithr )........ so by the prices am expecting it to be actual KBs

Oh nd Online players nd Funky .....here i come :eek:hyeah:

i think these are all the lines that he would be giving...so get the 64kbps line cause its best for average downloader and net surfing...:)
and be sure to clarify unlimited downloading...cause sometimes there is a fine print saying unlimited downloading during a specifc time...or like sify there is a dload limit of 150mb perday

Yup...the 1st thing i asked them was Unlimited downloading.......nd their reply was yes.....

but i already hav mtnl's 750/pm plan ......nd get speeds of 5kBps......
nd wud be getting the 64 plan...but wanted to know wht speeds i will get......in comparison to mtnl's.....

If you are lucky, you will get 8 or so.... but a lot depends on who is giving you this connection.... Are they reliable?? Will there be too many downtimes?? And if they say 64kbps, will they give you full speed or will they cap the download speeds??

Ok Reliable..........i dunno yet?? :(

Know they wont b capping downloads... :D

i dont think 8KBps will b enuff for online gamin like source nd UT2k4, will it??

which isp ? looks like pacenet to me ...

u shpould get 7 to 7.7 KB/sec . Good enuff for surfing and decent downloading , max u can do is like 650 mb / day ( 24 hrs )

yep 64K line will be ok for games with good netcodes or local indian or singapore servers provided the routing done by ISP is good.

Most games do not use more than 6-7KBps of bandwidth.

CSS uses as less as 5Kbps.

Ask tifosi. He is on 64 K line and gets sub 50 Pings on my server. My cousine is on 64K pacenet and he gets good pings on my server as well as singapore servers.

@ Puns Dunno :p:rofl:
650/day souns good enuff for me frm earlier 260mb/day.....
now a days mtnl doesnt even giv speeds of 4KBs....dunno wht hapnd (after the rains)
@ Funky

Hmm...thnx for tht info......yup had read tif's post.....lets c....will get it in a day or two.
wanted this mainly for gaminn online......dont hav alot of ppl around me who r interested in gamin :(

will try ur server or othrs whn i get it.....will tell ya then....
btw 750pm is fine for 64kbps rite??

Hoping i get a good connx. :praying:

Okey...same old lines, "we will be laying the lines in 2 days ...nd its been 15 days......
nyways Is dataone available here in Mumbai :( ....or shud i go for MTNL's NU package with the 500mb limit.....i cant wait to play online :( :(

Back