Cable modem + wireless router...which one?

Kumar

Skilled
Well, the net gear that the ISP provided crashes every time there are more than 2 devices connected to it :mad: . So we decided to get a new setup.

Any suggestions?

Requirements:

1. Bit torrent support
2. stability.

I am leaning towards discrete modem and router setup over an all-in-one devices but all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Getting a discrete router + modem is better , do you need a type g or type n router ? , if type n then Linksys WRT600N , if g then Linksys WRT54GS , n type routers will cost ~ 5-6k but will have the best range/speed , g routers on the other hand cost 2-3k but have less range + speed than n types

as for the modem get Netgear RT314 , Huawei MT882 or Dlink 502T , all of them work fine

Hey guys,

sorry for not replying, I was busy with my finals.

Anyhoo, will the above combinations play good with BT? That is the primary use and also, ill be getting them from the US so any combo south of 100$ is acceptable to me.

thanks!

Who is your ISP?? You mentioned cable modem in the subject line, in which case, the ADSL modems like the DSL502T, etc., and gateways would not work. If it's DSL, I've got a WAG200G and a WAG160N installed on an Airtel and BSNL connection and both work perfectly fine with torrents. And the connection, both wired and wireless, are absolutely stable. Both gateways are on practically 24/7 and have no problems with any wireless clients, whether they're PCs, cell phones or laptops.

I was using a D-Link GLB502T and a Netgear WGR614 v6 before. Had no problems with it either, but moved to the modem+router for the sake of better wire management.

Back