PC Peripherals Cable TV on Dell E228WFP

maxme

Disciple
I have bought dell 22" incher from Raghu's GO.

I am thinking of buying a TV tuner card, but after watching VCD on 22" incher, I am worried about quality.

Can someone share thier experinces or suggest something that can help?

quality is not too good with the local cable but if u got a dish like tata sky n disjtv..its a treat watchin tv..love watching on mine!!!

maxme said:
..after watching VCD on 22" incher..

Hehehe... VCD looks terrible even on my 6 year old 15" CRT :rofl:

The Digital Cable TV (like Tata etc) will give DVD-like quality. But it will looks loads better than Analog Cable that our friendly neighborhood Cablewalla provides... Does anybody have any idea abut IPTV??? Will it give better quality than Digital Cable? :huh:

BTW maxme, Does ur monitor have component inputs?

@4dh1r,

No component inputs.

Will look for Avermedia products. If someone can put up a screeine of TATA Sky on LCD, that will really help me decide.

Don't bother.cable tv will look like crap on your lcd.I have a 24 inch dell and even tata sky looks like crap on it.Maybe since your screen has lesser res., it may look a tad better but don't expect it to match the quality of your tv. basically if you wanna record shows , tv tuner is not a bad idea .

maxme said:
@4dh1r,

No component inputs.

Will look for Avermedia products. If someone can put up a screeine of TATA Sky on LCD, that will really help me decide.

Here's a screen grab of Deepika when she attended SaReGaMaPa on ZeeTV. TataSky looks quite good on my lcd.

Attachments

• Deepika.jpg
    Deepika.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 80
It really depends on your viewing distance from the LCD.

Am running good ole cheap_a55 cablewallah TV on my E228WFP and from a distance of 5-6ft from where I usually watch TV it's bearable alright...

As long you treat the LCD like a TV and not a monitor with your eyes boring into the LCD, then it should work fine. TataSky will improve things hugely but the higher res of the LCD will still pixelate things and not look as sharp as a conventional CRT. But again..it's all in the viewing distance.

This works fine for me as a solution to watch cricket...nothing hi-def though. I leave that to my PC and pure HD content. :)

Out.

Payne

@d_payne,

My idea is same, My 29" incher gets occupied for daily soaps.

I need TV tuner for an hour or two. If it works from distance, I won't mind.

Thanks for the info, I getting a TV tuner soon.

maxme said:
@d_payne,

My idea is same, My 29" incher gets occupied for daily soaps.

I need TV tuner for an hour or two. If it works from distance, I won't mind.

Thanks for the info, I getting a TV tuner soon.

Just ensure you get a decent external one. am running a Tech-com LCD TV Tuner which is supposed to scale up to 1680x1050 resolution. But I honestly see no difference between 1024x768 and 1680x1050 from 6ft distance other than the fact that the OSD becomes unreadabla at that res. :D

As you are getting an internal card, the quality ought to be better than mine for sure. Have fun mayte. And enjoy watching India trying not to get trashed. :D

Out.

Back