Call Auto at your door step in chennai from Gates India

McAgnel

Disciple
@Mods, This is not a spam ad type post, read ahead

Gates India have promoted a new facility for people using auto rickshaws in Chennai, India. This is a letter from one of the managers.

Dear Sir/Madam

We are happy to inform you that we have started Call Autos Services in chennai which is running successfully for past three months .The salient features of our services are

· No bargaining ,No haggling.
· Our fare is lesser than regular auto.
· We provide auto at the door step.
· We start the meter at customer place only.

We are planning to launch a new scheme which is called AUTO SHARING

* Auto charges will be Rs 6/- only per KM and no additional charges
* A customer will be sharing the auto with 1 or 2 people
* The benefit of this scheme will be the customer need not pay the Call Centre Charge.
* This will be very useful for office goers.

Our service has brought revolution in autos and also satisfaction among customers as they pay less amount than regular auto. Customers feedback says they feel secure traveling in call auto as the auto drivers work under the banner of Gates India. Customers have also given their comment stating the behaviour of auto drivers is very decent

Deepa Pauline. R
Centre Manager
Gates India
(+91) (044) 4344 4344

I guess this is a very good service for other state folks coming to chennai, who are usually plundered by these selfish money hungry daylight robbers :mad:. Do note it down, 044 is chennai code, 4344 4344 is the number.

I just called them up to find out if this was a proper service, the catch is there :p

Service center charge is Rs 40/- Initially.
So total charge is 40 + Travel charge (Rs. 6 per Km)

So it is only worth for long distance travel for which you'd take a cab anyways :p

Here is their advertisement :rofl: which is in tamil :tongue:

gatesindiasj7.jpg

Good initiative especially in chennai where auto charges are are freaking high .I still remember when i first came to chennai had to pay 400/- from Bustand to Thiruvanmiyur where as my ticket cost from Bangalore was 350/- :mad: :mad: .Bangalore has something like this which was initiated by Spice mobile not sure whether it is alive or dead.I went to chennai call auto website there is service charge of 40/-,will be ready to pay the same if the auto runs on meter which i guess is not practically possible in Chennai :p.There should be a charge calculator rather than having the charges listed area wise and that to charges from all areas to rest all areas are not mentioned.Will give a try this weekend and post here ,coz i spend loads of money on the same.

Btb Bangalore call auto(Easy Auto) service Easy Auto Bangalore but there is a registration fee of 75/- to avail the service

But overall the initiative is good.Finally commuters can sit back happily in a auto

metalspree said:
I still remember when i first came to chennai had to pay 400/- from Bustand to Thiruvanmiyur where as my ticket cost from Bangalore was 350/- :mad: :mad: .

400 :eek:?
2588aqorr8.gif

Max 80 to 100 bucks :p

Anyways, you can call the cab service, they work out cheaper that way :p

Chennai auto wallas are really daylight robbers :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think i will take a pass. The main motive for taking an Auto or a Taxi is the privacy , I am not sure if i'll be comfortable sharing my ride with complete strangers.

McAgnel said:
400 :eek:?
2588aqorr8.gif

Max 80 to 100 bucks :p

Anyways, you can call the cab service, they work out cheaper that way :p

Chennai auto wallas are really daylight robbers :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah man i paid hefty amount ,i know that but did not have any other go as i couldn not understand the language and did not know how to bargain .:mad: :mad: .Now i call my friends in chennai give the phone to the auto driver and fix the charge :p.But they started the auto service which is good but why 40/- extra for every trip look at Bangalore you are charged 75/- only at the time of registration and moreover u can send SMS and avail the service:D

Velachery to Egmore - their charge is 130 rs (that too you have to travel with one more passenger), regular auto guys charge 120 rs (if you know the way to talk to the auto guys :p).

I'm not sure about that yet, may be even here, if Rs 40/- is just registration charges, then the first post need to be updated :ashamed: :p

Btw, don't try to give your cellphone to the auto drivers, they might runaway with it :bleh:

SharekhaN said:
Bombay cab and autowallas are more honest i see. Remind me to thank the Gods for this :D

I agree, I had pleasant experiences with mumbai autowallas, though i knew only little of hindi :)

chennai auto buggers are arrogant and cheaters, they bring a bad name to the city, speaking of anyone about chennai, first thing they say is abt how they got ripped off by autowallas

I called the Call center guess what happened

1) No autos available from my place (Thiruvanmiyur RTO to City Center Mall)

2) They can speak only in tamil :mad: :mad:

3) They do not even give estimate charges

Back