Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Newly-formed Activision studio Sledgehammer is working on a futuristic Call of Duty instalment set in SPACE, according to a fresh report.

Gamasutra sources claim Sledgehammer, run by Visceral game exiles Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, are working on a CoD instalment "set in the future" and featuring "space Marines".

News: Call of Duty: Space Ops next year - Report - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Wiki said:
Sledgehammer Games was founded on November 17, 2009 by Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, who left Electronic Arts subsidiary Visceral Games. The Sledgehammer Games micro site went live on December 8, 2009 with information on the studio development team, location, and current job openings are now available. Speculation on the studio's next game has been offered by industry sites Kotaku and Gamasutra.

The new studio was set-up following the high profile departure of the heads of Infinity Ward and the subsequent exit of many of the top staff that had worked on Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (not to mention an impending multi-million dollar lawsuit). Apart from Activision's now slightly discredited statement about action adventures the only other clue as to what Sledgehammer's game might be comes from the Twitter account of Schofield, who today mentioned hiring three new employees and 'Working w/ military guys- their stories will blow you away. Names/locations will change but some situations going in the game- real stuff!' He also bragged that the audio in the new game would be 'better than what we did on Dead Space'.

Says Metro.co.uk.
I have mixed feelings about this one! :fatigue:

awesome bring it on...LOL after a few years Call of Duty will then have to recycle to Stone Age, with sticks and stones.

that was some awesome game that showed the desperation of both sides during the Stalingrad operation which broke the back of Hitler's vaunted Panzer divisions.That potato thing really went with the situation at that time.Remember COD1 where in Stalingrad you were offloaded froma boat afetr crossing Volga and sent onc aombat with only a clip of 5 rounds and no rifle(this was copied straight from Enemy At the gates)

Yup I think they liked some elements of Shattered Horizon and and are now trying to make something themselves on that theme. This could be really good though, I have not tried shattered horizon myself many ppl like it for its gameplay.

IW might make the next COD after this... imho sholdn't have gone into space, but lets see, might be the beginning of something great.

findmakarov.com

Possible announcement of the next COD title from Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games at the upcoming GDC 2011. I really hope IW is done with the MW series.

Find Makarov and please kill that bastid. :|

Whatever they do with COD in space but I beg them not to put pink and purple colored aliens coming at you with green bullets (green, wtf :huh:)
:tongue::rolleyes:

Back