Call of the duty - help needed...

timon

Disciple
Hi all,
is sound card a must to play call of duty.... when i try to play it just blinks for a second and disappears... when the next time i open it shows improper shutdown and the same story...blinks
after googling i found some changes has to be done in sound card.. so is that a must to have sound card...
if so plz tell me a cheap and good sound card...

^I'm sure not all the members who've played MW2 in the forum had a sound card in the system. Make sure you've the latest drivers for your motherboard chipset, latest forceware drivers and the DX9 runtime components.

Just curious but I don't see a power supply in your signature - what power supply are you using?

Are you sure the OP is talking about MW2 ? :p

@timon - Please post your entire configuration. The ASUS MOTHERBOARD in your signature doesn't help :p

Motherboard is ASUS M2N68-AM
SMPS is Prime source - PST-XS-300FB
GPU is Nvidia 9600 1 GBRAM.
500 GB Hdd and 4 GB Ram...
AMD 7750 Black Processor....
my os is Windows 7... but i had the same problem with Windows xp also...
can some body help me....:(

google did not return any happy results for your power supply.

did it come with cabinet?

do you remember paying any 'considerable amount' for you power supply (SMPS) when you bought it??

i always prefer head phones..... i thought thats enough... Friends where is the exact problem...? why im not able to play...

Mostly the power supply is the culprit - going by the type it's probably a 300W junk power supply which would've come with the enclosure. The 9600GT 1GB requires a 6pin power connector - assuming you managed to connect it using the molex to 6pin converter, if the power supply is worthless, it should show up symptoms like these.

Hi Timon,

Try doing this and see if it gets it working for you..

1)Go to Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound>Recording.

2)Right Click inside window and choose "Show Disabled Devices".

3)When "Stereo MIX" appears, Right Click and choose enable.

Good luck!

Back