PC Peripherals Calling all CONFIG Gurus !!!

Peace420All

Dhai Kilo Ka Haath
Disciple
Hey Guys......IM Dying :(
Got real Starved for games now that i aint playing a single game since COD1, given my current system and most of my friends have bot a 360's and wii's :frusty:.
List went on Increasing day by day right from Doom3, HL2, Q4, Prey, Stalker........DAMIT.
WHAT THE HELL.........I said to myself "high time to upgrade....."
Help me BrothAz !!!:gunsmile:
-----------------------------
Budget 1.4 Lakh :)

Fixed Components :
1) A 8800GTX or GTS - 30-35k
2) A Benq FP241WZ or Dell 24 Incher - 40k

Rest Of da components I am speculating are:
1) An Intel Core2Duo E6600 Or AMD AM2 X2-5600 - 11k + A GOOOOD Cooler - ??
2) A Good OCable, Future-Proof SLI MOBO (Ny Good Options Guys) - ???
3) A 2Gb DDr2 PC8000/8500 OCable RAM (Corsair, OCZ etc) - 12 to 15k
4) A Zebronics Bijli,Lava etc - 1-2k
5) The Corsair 620HX Thread By Funky in Go. - 7.8k
6) A Good DVDR. -2k
etc etc etc etc...................

I have an Audigy Live Soundcard in the current rig and also a Seagate PATA 7200rpm 250Gb .....no need for a Hdd n Scard rite ?.....Or is there :S

PLZZ Help ASAP.........Dont want folks to change their mind this time.........Or Ill die of Frustration :evil1:

lol for 1.4 lakhs.. buy the best you get on ur hands. no suggesting at all!! go for quad core and dual 22 inchers with 8800 SLi if falls in 1.4L budget

LOL SLI 8800 and dual 22 inchers and a Quad Core :O in a 1.4l budget .......Am I dreaming or are u being too bitterly sarcastic :(!!

see i mentioned the word IF if you can read again "with 8800 SLi if falls in 1.4L budget" this statement again means that he can get whatever he want for extreme gaming for 1.4L lucky chap. i wish i can have a father like you who r willing to spend or earn as much as you do :p

More then Half of that money is a donation from my brother who works.....father thinks the pc will cost 50-60k doesnt no bout the donation from a little someone....:p

Now please man......I need serious advise !!

all ur config seems good but why the zebronics bijli/lava..?? dont do this to such a gr8 b**ch rig..:p get a chieftec or antec cab with this one...seriously tht name, bijli..makes me wann puke...:no:

And yeah, get the E6600..the 5600+ is no comparison to 6600...and get the Asus p5b delux mobo...rest is friggin good..;)

ok. you can buy 8800GTS SLi for 45K wud be an investment for 3 more years though and you will hardly get frustrated in next 7 years :p lol

buy 22incher single display 40K

ram as u said 15k

mobo + proc 25K

rest components 10K

that makes up your budget i guess

lol, ^ ur posts are pathetic and its 24" Dell which will be less than 40k not the 22".

Let me try to give you a good config for the basic stuff.

E6600

Asus P5N32-SLI

2GB Ram (let others tell u a good model)

CoolerMaster Stacker 830

Get a Seagate or Hitachi 320GB atleast, ur PATA hard disc will be unusable coz the board has only 1 IDE channel.

See if you really want a good RAM, you will have to spend over 20k here in India.

That does not make sense to be honest no matter what your budget is. And honestly the sticks which u get for 20k here are not worth that much money.

So you have 3 options.

Buy them online from Memory-Configurator.com - computer memory laptop memory and flash memory supplier using Credit card. And get it shipped to india. ( approx 1-1.2k duty additional will be charged)

If you have anyone living in states tell them to buy it for u and get it shipped here.

3rd easy option buy the crucial ballistix which i am selling here. :p

You will get it now and fast and its beast ;)

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/fs-crucial-ballistix-ddr2-1000-2gb-89587.html

About processor.

Honestly get E6700 and be happy. Quad core is really not worth the price tag unless u wana do some serious folding or have application for quad.

About Board.

P5N32-E SLI PERIOD.

PSU : 620HX is now 7.2k odd.

GPU.

Wana go SLI???

Get 2x8800GTS.

My dealer has great offer going on.

Have a look here : http://www.techenclave.com/forums/go-pov-8800gts-320mb-89655.html

Monitor - kb - mouse - hdd your choice. those.

You are free to PM me regarding the GPU and RAM :)

@beast: Your posts are pathetic as ever... even this one. Maybe u shud be named spam beast :rofl:. Anyway coming to the point, single 8800GTX is better than SLI GTS anyday. About ram, order cellshocks from memory-configurator.

Funky said:
Memory-Configurator.com - computer memory laptop memory and flash memory supplier using Credit card. And get it shipped to india. ( approx 1-1.2k duty additional will be charged)

1-1.2k duty only !!! Ive heared horror stories of 35-40% flat excise being levied on mrp of electronics being shipped to india :mad: !!!

How is the MEM-Config.com Duty calculated btw....?

Funky said:
GPU.

Wana go SLI???

Get 2x8800GTS.

My dealer has great offer going on.

Have a look here : http://www.techenclave.com/forums/go...0mb-89655.html

Yea I saw that...Very Tempting offer, may buy 1 if I go in for a GTS :hap2: ........But the headache of nascent 8800 sli driver support wouldnt be worth the trouble :no: .

@Thread: How are these Sparkle,Leadtech,Zebronics etc in comparison to the Famous Bandz like the XFX, MSI, Gainward etc ??

^^ Yeah, Getting a 8800GTX is better then goin for a SLI GTS.

Besides you can always SLI later when the games that demand it comes on later..

Ditch the quad core and get a e6600. Quad core is highly overpriced for its performance at the moment..

Besides saving cash now, u can always get a Q6600 later this year end after the price cut and still end up saving cash. :)

TheDevil said:
1-1.2k duty only !!! Ive heared horror stories of 35-40% flat excise being levied on mrp of electronics being shipped to india :mad: !!!
How is the MEM-Config.com Duty calculated btw....?

Just tell the dudes to mark the value of the ram as some 25-30 euro when shipping :p. Also make sure u order is shipped by dhl. I was charged 1300 bux for two kits.

Try to get a raptor, as well as 2 DVD-RWs. One which is best for reading, and one which is best for burning. And you'll need a good cooler as well, something like Ultra-120 or Gemini.
You'll need good silent fans for the stacker. Order some 120mm Sony fans for sidewindercomputers.com

Hmmm... Lets see... With this kind of a budget one can either go in for a "Showoff" rig or a genuin gaming rig...

if you are looking for a showoff rig then please don't read this post... If you are looking for a decent gaming rig which will last you for a while then continue reading...

Fixed Components :

1) A 8800GTX - 30k(Should be under this if sourced properly)

2) A Benq FP241WZ or Dell 24 Incher - 36K(I would advise against it better get a 20" Dell...)

Rest Of da components I am speculating are:

Intel Core2Duo E6600 with a good cooler about 14K

680 based board 15K

2GB DDR2 800 Ram with decent latencies 12K

Chieftech cabinets 3-4K

Corsair 620HX 7.8k(You can get other decent PSU's also for about 5-8K)

LG H42N 1.7K

Good Mouse 3K(Razar/Logitech)

Optional

320GB Sata 5K (buy this cause you will need it ;))

With the rest of the money you can either buy a 360 or a Wii or buy an additional 20" Dell(If you choose not to buy the 24") and run a dual moniter setup ;)

Holy Moly ..........All Hail Switch !! ;)

Dual LCD's :O Surround Gaming !!!!

That Would be a Real Treat !!!

The Reason I wanted to go in for The Benq was the HDMI Input, as im planing to buy the ps3 in the future.

Would the two 20 inchers be able to display out a 1080p signal ?

What would the collective Resolution come upto and which Monitor would U suggest for a Dual LCD 20" Setup !!!!

Back