Storage Solutions calling all Corsair Flash voyager owners

Dont get it if you want fast speed, see if you can get a buffalo pen drive, the 2gb buffalo i have gives 25 mb/s

No corsair voyagers are better than the normal ones. My normal pendrive memorex 2Gb has a maximum write speed of 3 to 4 mbs.

where as in corsair its more than 10 mbs and some time it reaches 15mb as well

the choice between a portable HDD & pen drive depends on the capacity required, portability etc. speed is just one factor
elaborate on other factors to get the right suggestion

My Flash Voyager 8GB gives a pathetic write speed 6MB/s ~ 8MB/s but excellent read speed of 29MB/s ~ 34MB/s.

Hence overall transfer rate = Pathetic for loading, superb for unloading/viewing/browsing :|

then which other pen drives in the same price range do offer better speeds?

need to buy one asap....was gonna buy the voyager 8gb ..good thing i noticed this thread..

flash voyagers perform much better than almost everythin ive seen like kingston, transcend, PNY, etc.

Though write speed is just better by small margin, the read speeds are almost 2x better.

You can try GT as they boast write speed of almost 3X than normal voyagers.

usb transfer speed depends on sb chipset.. i generally get better speed with nvidia chipset than intel or amd.

generally a normal kingston gives me 4-5Mbps max read on desktop amd sb750

and the laptop based on nvidia 7050 based mcp gives me 8-10MBps on the same drive for reading.

strange??

I have both Voyager and GT series...on an avg voyager writing speeds max out at arnd 6MB/s whereas its arnd 9-10MB/s for GT series. The speeds achieved with voyager and GT are much higher than what you'd get from transcend/sandisk/kingston ones. Read speeds are way higher than such run of the mill pen drives.

The speed on GT is more than 50% less than what you'd get from even the slowest portable drive.

The new Kingston Data Traveller DT 120 has write speeds of 15 Mb/s and read speeds of 30mb/s. The Voyager is at 6~7 and the GT is supposed to have 33mb/s not 9-10..
The most vfm used to be the buffalo turbo drive with read and write speeds of 30mb/s at just 900 bucks.. No one sells those these days.. If only someone can import and give ASS for those, there's no competition at the price range.. Currently i feel the most VFM is the DT120. Voyager has pathetic write speeds and with multiple files it almost comes down to a crawl..

Back